Incredible movie!

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Incredible movie!

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

My quick take: the film was maybe 2 hours or so, but I was glued to my seat and hardly realized so much time was passing: the film flied by and I was sad to see it end. The f/x were insane, but the cast stole the show. Never mind any plot stuff (conveniently cleared up by the alternate timeline) this was really, really fun - and my friend, a young man with little previous experience with Trek, was amazed as well. If Abrams' goal was to produce not a great Trek film but just a great film, he hit a home run.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
SammiSynthetic
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Re: Incredible movie!

Post by SammiSynthetic »

OMFG I AGREEEE this movie was completely amazinggg!!! what they did, and how they did it, and the things that subconciously happened too....just...OMG :D
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

I just wish they'd include a launch scene for the new Enterprise in the deleted scenes!!!!

Will we ever get to see a launching ceremony of one of these beauties?? :cry:
IntrepidPrincess
Ensign
Ensign

Post by IntrepidPrincess »

I agree with everything said! I've been to many good movies, even a handful of great movies. This one: TREMENDOUSLY AWESOME!!! I couldn't even blink through the slow scenes(ok maybe that's a slight exaggeration). I was really impressed with Abrams ability to keep the characters realistic, at least they seemed that way to me. That's hard to do with futuristic Sci-fi. I liked that no one was a superhero, just hardworking (for the most part--cough-kirk :wink: )and a little lucky
"Always Here" by IntrepidPrincess
All around here I see
friendly smiles to comfort me,
strong hands to protect me,
fast feet to run after me,
loving friends and family
to always be here for me.
-Home Sweet Home-