Box Office Take...

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Box Office Take...

Post by Victory is Life »

Saw it twice, and it is grand, I was dissapointed that we didnt see the massive fleet engagements, but grand, nonetheless, and I am very pleased to announce Star Trek's weekend box office gross was...Drumroll Please...75.6 Million USD!!!

Currently stands at 79.5 Mil. I will be adding to the take again very soon.

I think I speak for us all, when I say, Goodbye Berman, Hello Abrams, and may Trek Live Long and Prosper.
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Box Office Take...

Post by Aaron »

So, has it recovered it's budget yet?
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I wonder what the worldwide gross is?
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Gross, so far, is 114 million.
The budget was 150 million.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

They will definitely surpass the budget, they almost have it already. That's the largest gross of any Trek movie ever I believe, may be wrong though.
The world ended

Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Nickswitz wrote:They will definitely surpass the budget, they almost have it already. That's the largest gross of any Trek movie ever I believe, may be wrong though.
Yeah, projections have it in the $300m range in the first month.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Whoo-hoo!
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Why the hell not? I mean, its one of the few movies people are gonna go and see MORE than once in the theaters (that hasn't happened in years). As long as they can keep it off the net, they should be ok.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

$153 million at the last tally I saw.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well, looks like they weren't over budget, and they're at the half mark of their prediction, I think it might be a little high of an estimate, I say probably $250 million for the first month, how long has it been out?
The world ended

Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

It's been out just over 1.5 weeks. It hasn't opened in all countries yet, though, so the $300-350 isn't unreasonable, and then you have DVD. I have been shocked at how many of my Kappa Sig brothers who made fun of me for liking Trek in college now going to see the movie. It screams blockbuster.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Well, I just went to see it again yesterday. This is what, 2 weeks later? The theater was packed. There may have been a grand total of a dozen empty seats scattered throughout the place. Hallelujah for Sunday matinee showings eh? The show is pretty healthy. And that was with Terminator opening Wednesday night. There also seemed to be quite a few first timers. One fellow in front of us in the snack-line asked the employee if the new Star Trek was any good. We assured him it was ;-)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Well I am seeing it for the ninth time tomorrow. I've done my part!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
dagadget
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by dagadget »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Well I am seeing it for the ninth time tomorrow. I've done my part!

wow that's watching it a lot of times. This reboot of the franchise is going to really make for some amazing new stories. The ships are bigger and more heavily armed, Kirk gets the Enterprise Nil+ years earlier. Plus the box office take total is over 200 million. After things settle out it is going to be interesting to see comparisons between Constitution Class (TOS) Vs Constitution Class (Reboot). Watching the Enterprise let loose on the Narada is good at the end too....... :D
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Victory is Life »

I saw it yet again, that's three. I don't quite understand how it seems to get better the more I see it, I start to REALLY understand what Abrams is doing, and why, he is alot smarter than many give him credit for. Some people, Roger Ebert included, have labelled this as a stupid man's Trek, I disagree, it is exactly maintaining the balance of what we as Trekkies love, while appealing to a broader audience, I believe it is essentially compromise-free, and the casting continues to astound me.

Box office take update:

Domestic: $191,034,000 71.3%
+ Foreign: $76,841,237 28.7%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $267,875,237
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling