How Would You Have Written Enterprise's Final Episode

Enterprise
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

How Would You Have Written Enterprise's Final Episode

Post by JudgeKing »

If you were in charge of writing the script of Star Trek Enterprise's series finale, how would you have written it?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, its pretty obvious what we all wouldn't have done. :)
I wasn't a big fan of Enterprise but I hated that last episode. Its like the producers wanted to offend the fans with that.

Anyway, I would have made it about the forming if the Federation and cut out the TNG stuff.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Exact same format, but with Frakes forced to be running on a treadmill throughout the entire episode. :lol:

Okay, perhaps not.

I liked the basic framework of the episode, honestly. I simply would have made it focus more on the Enterprise crew and less on Riker/Troi. That being said, give Trip a proper death scence, and focus on the creation of the Federation rather than just the last 5 minutes of the episode dedicated to it.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

They had a good idea of providing an end for Enterprise with a connection to other Treks. I would have had the episode set in the year 2245 at the launch of the Enterprise 1701 where an elderly Archer or T'Pol attending the ceremony thinks back to the NX-01's final mission, which we see through flashbacks. And I'd give Trip a better death. Or maybe the security personell would actually do their job in my version and Trip wouldn't need to die.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
Ferrarius
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by Ferrarius »

Well, I think I wouldn't let trip die. Why does this formation have to occur on earth, have it occur on a totally neutral place. I don't know, perhaps a joint colony in the alpha centauri system. And have it almost go wrong but having the ent save the day by kicking some romulan's but wishing to foil the entire endeavour.
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

The Wormhole wrote:They had a good idea of providing an end for Enterprise with a connection to other Treks. I would have had the episode set in the year 2245 at the launch of the Enterprise 1701 where an elderly Archer or T'Pol attending the ceremony thinks back to the NX-01's final mission, which we see through flashbacks. And I'd give Trip a better death. Or maybe the security personell would actually do their job in my version and Trip wouldn't need to die.
That is an interesting idea. But I also like the idea that Ferrarius had, too.

"And have [the founding of the Federation] almost go wrong but having the ent save the day by [averting a Romulan plot] to foil the entire endeavour."

Especially a cool idea since the Romulan War would have just ended rather badly for the Romulans, so they would really, REALLY want the Federation not to happen.

Weave those two ideas together and you'd have an ending that would make me happy, for sure! Especially in hindsight, with the next movie filling in more about Kirk. I know he wasn't 1701's first captain, but he would probably have been at the launch! Maybe as a face in the crowd who wants to meet Archer and Pike.

Maybe someone should write the "reinvisioned" episode and put it in the fanfic section!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think Ferrarius has a pretty good idea there.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

The only thing that Berman and Braga did right with the ENT's last hour is that they jumped ahead to the formation of the Federation. That was good.

Everything else though would either need to be re-worked or changed completely.

I would not have had that plot concerning Shran and that space gang. I would not have touched TNG's "The Pegasus".

Instead, I would have just focused on the NX-01 returning to Earth, being decomissioned, show the crew parting to go their separate ways, show the Federation charter being signed, show Trip taking command of one of the first Daedalus-class starships. Through all of that, I would have brought the audience into the story, not standing back with Riker.

If there was time, I would have have shown Riker and Troi watching the account in the holodeck aboard the Titan. Keep them as cameos. If there wasn't time for that, then I would simply have ended it with Trip in command of the Daedalus.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Having Riker and Troi in the las episode was completely unnecesary, if they were that interested in having them in it could they not just give them five minutes at the end?
I think I remember someone saying the NX-01 was put into a museum. They could have had them standing in the museum ship talking about it for a few minutes and then just finish the episode.
RedDwarfian
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by RedDwarfian »

One of the first things I would add (or last things, depending on how you look at the episode) is that they should definitely show the speech.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

YES! They spent so much time talking about it I was dying with impatience to see it...and then we didn't.
Curse you writters!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

lol, I said that in my write-up. They went on and on about the bloody speech, and then they didn't show it!

I think actually the basic idea of the episode was somewhat sound. I'm okay with jumping on ten years. I'm okay with one final mission. What I was not okay with... killing Trip like that. If Trip is going to die, it better be a noble sacrifice he makes to save the whole damn galaxy from chaos! And they better act SAD about it! Archer's best friend, and he sorta looked a bit constipated and then wandered off!

Better bad guys. I mean, c'mon, petty criminals? Archer and co should beat people like that without sweat. Make it one last push from the Suliban, or Future Guy, or the Romulans, or whoever.

No Riker and Troi! Jesus, it's the ENTERPRISE finale and they spent fully a third of the show on non-Enterprise characters!

Show the damn speech!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If Trip was going to die it should have... now this is going to sound crazy but hear me out... been ONSREEN! (cue dramatic music)

Did they ever explain who Future guy was?
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

Rochey wrote:
No. In fact, Braga has admitted no one ever had any kind of idea of who Future Guy was or what his intentions were.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The Wormhole wrote:
Rochey wrote:
No. In fact, Braga has admitted no one ever had any kind of idea of who Future Guy was or what his intentions were.
Somewhere out there, JMS is laughing his ass off about that.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...