Stargate Universe

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Stargate Universe

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

The next Stargate series is going to be called Stargate Universe. It's set to premier early next year. They're planning for it to be a seperate entity from the Atlantis series. Maybe a crossover episode here and there, but nothing like the early Atlantis series did with their SG-1 counterpart. It will also revolve around the ninth chevron. It has been rumered and denied that Michael Shanks who plays Daniel Jackson of SG-1 was offered the lead. Who else is excited about this?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I heard a rumor the 9th chevron involves other universes. Like alterante ones. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. As it is I really like SG 1 and Atlantise is ok but I don't like it as much as the originial.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I'm not sure if a series about other universes would really work. Then again I thought the same thing about time travel and then I learn that Doctor Who has not only been doing that, but that it's also the longest running sci-fi show in history.

And if their isn't much else the 9th chevron could do differently other then universe travel or time travel and I've got no idea how you could dial a specific time. Although Stargates have sent people back in time before so it's possible.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The problem with time travel is that it's very easy to either end up with paradoxes or having the series' backstory change with each episode/mission. Therefore "Universe" will probably involve cross-universe travel rather than cross-time. It allows them to keep the same backstory as SG-1 and Atlantis, and allows an examination of alternate SGCs without having to determine a specific POD.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Maybe the will make it like the Sliders programme. Going to universes with everything is the same but different.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I am cautiously optimistic. I'm a big fan of Stargate, and would like to think this series will be good.

Just stay the hell away from time travel.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

Teaos wrote:Maybe the will make it like the Sliders programme. Going to universes with everything is the same but different.
now i thought sliders was really nifty show. i've only seen the first 2 seasons and but my friends told me to stay away from season 3 (which i thought was too expensive to buy on DVD anyway) and the later seasons apparently didn't get released so i haven't seen those either. i've been told that the quality of the show really slips up after the second season anyway...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I've seen the first 3 series, until the Beeb stopped showing it. From what I've heard after that its quality plumeted like a rock, so I'm glad they stopped.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I saw the whole lot. The laset series were still ok but pretty much a whole new show.

celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

shame, i was really impressed with the first few episodes.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with the last few seasons, they were still good. But there is a noticable drop in quality through the last few seasons.

Although, the last episode sucked.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

Rochey wrote:I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with the last few seasons, they were still good. But there is a noticable drop in quality through the last few seasons.

Although, the last episode sucked.
too bad they didn't release season 4 and 5 on DVD or i might be inclined to continue watching it for completeness sake.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I would love to see what Earths ships will look like with the asgard tech now in our hands! :twisted:

Just to see a fleet of O'Neills in orbit of earth would be enough for me to watch!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

The thing I love about the Stargate universe is the humor. There are always cracks and rips and poking fun. It is frankly more realistic. All business and no humor makes Janeway a dull girl.

In this season's first episode of Atlantis, while Carter is packing up, Teal'c throws out the "Undomesticated equines could not keep me away" and they do a great job of lightposting (or whatever the term) with Carter's reply of "Nice callback" I do not think he said that since season 3 maybe? I actually chuckled when he said it.

Stargate's writes do a much better job with character relations that any of the other sf universes.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Very true, carter being in love with jack, Daniel never knowing what is going to happen to him next. Teal'c fighting to free then unite then reunite his people. Jack trying to understand anything that the geeks are saying.

"Where do I put the big bomb?" "We have to find the reactor, and disengage the safety protocols, then.." "Umm, so? Where to I put the big bomb?" "I'm getting to that sir. Now once we reactivate the..." "Carter! Where to I put the bomb!" "Right over here sir...but shouldn't I..." "No time for nerd talk carter, its running time now!"

Another good one was when they were aboard those two ships g'd ships heading for earth and bratak said. "No we must fight our way through the bowls of the ship and traverse to the engine room then we must..." (Jack makes throat noise, steps forward and drops to frags into the crystal chamber.) "Grenades. So, what's next?" "Now we die." "Well that's just a bad plan. Got a way off this boat?"

So great!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu