Enterprise Ramblings

Enterprise
D. Sergez
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Enterprise Ramblings

Post by D. Sergez »

"Above all, let's see the "balls to the wall guys, let's grab this galaxy by the throat, show it there's a new kid on the block and MAKE IT RESPECT US!" attitude that you need to carve out a big chunk of the alpha quadrant and make it your own. When they meet bad guys I want to see them shoot first, shoot again, shoot some more, then MAYBE see if they can ask the smoldering wreckage a question or two! Where are the Humans
who taught the Klingons to fear and whupped the Romulan Star Empire so bad it went and hid behind the neutral zone? Where are the people who will make 150 alien races say "yeah, these guys kick SERIOUS ass, let's sign up to this Federation thing they're setting up!"

Coz sure as hell Archer and his crew don't look like those people.

And that's why I don't like Enterprise."

Graham you summoned up Everything Wrong with Enterprise in that Paragraph... I Just want to Say...

Great Job...and Hell yea...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I can actually see it happening the way Enterpirse showed in the last season rather than that way. We just didnt have the tech to do that or the resorces.

Also if they did do that it would just turn into another scifi series. And people would complane its anti trek.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I think they set Enterprise a little too early. Closer to the Romulan war and the formation of the Federation would be better. They spent too much time on stuff that wouldn't matter in the later series. That's why I loved season 4. It showed the earliest beginings of the federation. And it was just better then seasons 1 & 2.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

I think Enterprise was all wrong time wise, but was an interesting concept. I would have loved to see the Earth-Romulan war played out the way it was with the Federation-Dominion on DS9
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Would have been interesting but it would also of just been another DS9 so would of been kind of pointless.

I disliked a retro series overal because I didnt think there was any good way to do it.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think the timeline worked OK, esp. season 4 - I just wish the production was executed better with respect to continuity and precedent.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good idea, but horificaly implemented. A few of, what I felt, were the major problems.

They set it far to early to plausibly allow any type of large scale action, all these aliens got to space years before us, surely they would a lot have better tech?
No continuity. Do I need to explain this?
The Xindi arc and the death sphere. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
Stupid and inconsistant characters. Again, self explanitory.
Stupid plots. Again, do I need to explain this?
Random bad guys. 'Future Guy'. What the hell?

It got a lot better near the end, but I still rate it as the worst Trek there is.
Also if they did do that it would just turn into another scifi series.
I don't think so. There are hundreds of films on the second World War out there, and I wouldn't say they are all identical. Just because the focus is a war dosen't mean it goes bad.
Although with Beavis and Butthead at the helm it probably would.
And people would complane its anti trek.
You mean it isn't? :shock:

Bah, I think I'll go watch some TOS now to cheer me up...
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

If Enterprise were going to so completely disregard continuity, basically ignoring the 'Trek universe which had been laid out before, they might have taken the effort to make it a good unaffiliated sci-fi series. Instead of either making a decent unique series or making a true-to-future-history 'Trek series, they attempted a little of both - and did neither very well.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That was the problem, they didn't care about making it like other Trek series but couldn't bother making something original.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The Xindi arc was the low point of the Series for me... and the temporla cold war... and the NX class ship... and Archer...

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Archer was kind of lame I agree but I still liked the series. I thought it was better than most of DS9 and much better than TOS *ducks in cover*. The continunity errors for the most part could be blamed on other series. The Frengi for example, how the hell does a massive trade empire get formed and the Federation not know anything about it?

I think if the series wasn't canned we would have seen the Romulan-Earth war and the formation of the federation. Reason it jumped 5 years for the crappy series finale.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Xindi arc was the low point of the Series for me... and the temporla cold war... and the NX class ship... and Archer...
Sooo....basicaly the main points of the series, yes? :)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Pretty much. There were a few good points every now and then but not nearly enough to justify the series.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It just seemed like every time a good idea found its way onto Enterprise, it got perverted until it was the worst idea ever. Xindi arc? I had no problem with that (aside from, where are they in TOS/TNG times?) - until we added this trans-temporal uber-race to fould up the idea. Romulans trying to stop peace talks at Babel? Great idea - until we had to see them do it with a hot-shot, remote-piloted ship that could turn on a dime, camouflage itself as other ships, etc., when Romulan tech in TOS had only progressed to the point of a simple cloak and only "simple impulse power." Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot!
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Wow. I must have a rose-colored VISOR on. I thought the exectution was pretty good. Perfect? No. But a lot better than the picture some people paint.

Oh, and I doubt the Romulans had 'simple impulse' during the Earth/Romulan Wars. How would they even be a threat?