ST:XI Predictions Thread

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ST:XI Predictions Thread

Post by LaughingCheese »

Because I think I have much of the movie predicted, excluding little nuances and such, I think have the main plotline down. :(

Gah, I should stay from trailers for epic movies (and I do think ST 11 will be epic :P), they give away too much.

If anyone wants to know, I'll post it before I go see (May 7), cause I don't want to be tempted to read the answers to know if I'm right.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Would anyone care to know what I think I know about ST:11?

Post by stitch626 »

I'd be interested. I'll be making my own predictions on the movie before I see it.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: ST:XI Predictions Thread

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, I was thinking of making a thread like this, so I'll just hi-jack this one for my own purposes, since it's pretty similar.

Basicaly, post any speculation about the upcoming film here, and discuss how you think it's going to unwind itself.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Here's my prediction:

At the beginning, everything will start to go wrong and it'll look really, really dicey for a while but eventually, good will overcome evil and everything will be alright again in the end.

Remember folks, you heard it here first! :)
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

I have some idea of how the plot's going to go, but there are still some pretty crucial elements that I haven't figured out. I could post my own guess of how it's going to go, based on nothing more than the rather mild spoilers found at trekmovie.com.

The biggest issue at the moment seems to be the identity of the planet that we see imploding in the trailer. AFAIK it's either:

a) Romulus being destroyed by somebody in the 24th century, explaining Nero's rage
b) Nero's home planet (somewhere other than Romulus in the RSE) being destroyed by somebody in the 24th century, explaining Nero's rage (although this doesn't seem as dramatic as Romulus getting destroyed)
c) Vulcan being destroyed by Nero in the 23rd century, for revenge
d) some insignificant planet being destroyed by Nero as a test run
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Or some combination of those.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Rochey wrote:Okay, I was thinking of making a thread like this, so I'll just hi-jack this one for my own purposes, since it's pretty similar.

Basicaly, post any speculation about the upcoming film here, and discuss how you think it's going to unwind itself.

YES! MUCH better title! Thank you!!! :lol:

I'll post my predictions later when I have more time, like Friday or something.

Right now I have to read a book in 4 days, 50 pages a day, since I chose to procrastinate, yet again. Story of my life. Sigh. :roll:

And now I have to try to stay away from this thread before the movie. :lol:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

My prediction: I will be able to more accurately tell the plot, strengths, and weaknesses of the film AFTER I've seen it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Mikey wrote:My prediction: I will be able to more accurately tell the plot, strengths, and weaknesses of the film AFTER I've seen it.
Erm, well duh. :roll: :P

But then its not a prediction! :lol:
Capt. Jethro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Capt. Jethro »

Here's my prediction.......Kirk gets laid by some hot chick :twisted: .
American by birth, southern by the grace of God!
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Actually he does: we've seen him in the trailers getting funky with an Orion girl.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Capt. Jethro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Capt. Jethro »

Lazar wrote:Actually he does: we've seen him in the trailers getting funky with an Orion girl.
Forgive me, it was a weak attempt at sarcasm. Before I wrote the post I was thinking of McCoy in ST VI saying, "What is it with you?"
American by birth, southern by the grace of God!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

My prediction :

Nero gets an ubership from somewhere, goes back in time. Kicks ass, including destroying the Kelvin. Kirk's dad is Exec on the Kelvin, takes command when the captain dies, holds things together long enough to save a bunch of people.

Nero seems to have some sort of weird weapon which dangled down into the atmosphere and shoots a beam at the ground. I think it's this thing that destroys planets, probably by creating a singularity in them or something. I think the planet we see getting eaten is Nero's work.

Years later Kirk s growing up, aimless drifter kid, getting in trouble. He gets in a bar fight and April sees him. "I dare you to do better."

Kirk enlists. Queue training montage or "two years later" type deal.

Kirk on cadet training mission. Runs into Nero again. I'm thinking Nero may have jumped 20 years or so on from when he destroyed the Kelvin. Spock may be involved here... perhaps warning Kirk or the Enterprise crew about Nero somehow.

Bit of to and fro with the Enterprise and Nero, Kirk ends up having to take command. I can't imagine that happening when there are real officers still alive, and I fear they are going to do some weird "never in real life" thing to get him into the chair.

Kirk ends up doing something that stops Nero. Seems like things end in fisticuffs between Nero and Kirk with others involved, apparently with them all standing on the end of the weapon as it's firing.

Kirk wins, Nero probably gets thrown off the platform or killed by his own weapon. Kirk's a big hero. Final scene will be April saying something like "I dared you to do better... and you did. Your father would be proud." The end.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

My prediction.

Kirk gets laid, and gets into a fight or two. His shirt MAY get ripped.

Spock has emotional control issues.

McCoy starts drinking, shortly after meeting Jim Kirk.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Mark wrote: McCoy starts drinking, shortly after meeting Jim Kirk.
ROFL :lol:

Anyway, my prediction:

Opening credits, and I hope there's James Goldsmith's TMP/TNG theme in there somewhwere, with the new TOS drum style.

The Kelvin receives a general distress call (perhaps from the Klingon armada that tried to stop Nero?)

Kelvin arrives in a vast field of wreckage

Is ambushed by Romulan star fighters (yes, Star Trek now has starfighters!!! :? ) from the future, which make kamikaze runs against the Kelvin.

Badly damaged, its officers killed, Kirk Sr. takes command and successfully coordinates the evacuation of 800 people including his son.

Too badly damaged to be salvaged, Kirk Sr. sets a ramming course for the Narada; or it gets struck by one of the Narad's tentacles; either way we did see it impact an arm in one of the trailers.

Fast forward to 'present', where we meet Kirk in a bar.

Young Kirk Jr. takes an Orion chick to bed. :?

He somehow ends up in a fight later (maybe the Orion chick was someone else's friend, or slave?).

Pike somehow ends up in the bar as well, maybe he was Kirk's legal guardian?

Then they sit down and have the chat we see in the trailers (gahh I wish they didn't give away the whole line, I hope that chat is at least a couple of minutes).

Pike dares Kirk to enlist in Starfleet. Kirk, of course, being young, rash, and completely illogical (in other words, a totally "normal" young male), takes him up.

I'll post more later, but that's like the first 20 minutes at least.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong. :lol:

EDIT: Ok yeah, I was thinking pretty much EXACTLY what Graham said.

Great minds think alike. :lol:

Anyway, does anyone else think its odd, or redundant, that two Star Trek movies in a row involve some form of uber ship?