The Official Graham's Garden Thread

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Official Graham's Garden Thread

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So believe it or not at least one person has expressed an interest in the work I am doing on my garden. And I just bet one or two sneaky people think it's all just an excuse for me to loaf off of having to read yet more ever so amusing Biggus Dickus jokes. So here's my proof!

First, a before picture of the garden...

That patio is way too short - there's only two of those paving slabs between the patio and the house. So...

Knock down the wall and take out the soil behind it. That's about 100 cubic feet of clay soil to remove. It rained a lot too, so it was like digging glue. This is day one.

Day two of the dig. All the soil had to be trucked out one wheelbarrow load at a time to a skip that was about 150 feet away, down and up a hill, with steps along the way.

That's how much stuff we shifted. I estimated it at about three or four tons. And that was the first weekend's work.

This weekend, eleven thirty kilo bags of concrete mix was brought in; all had to be brought in the same way the waste was trucked out, one wheelbarrow load at a time, then mixed and poured.

This weekend was hot and sunny. Can you tell?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Promise, you're not a serial killer.....with those rennovations?....... 8)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

lol, every single person I show these pics to asks me where if I have buried bodies under there.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

My first thought was wondering if you were putting in a veggie garden, until I saw the cement.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Wait the sun shines in England? My whole understanding of the world has been completely altered!

Sweet garden!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Bryan Moore wrote:Wait the sun shines in England? My whole understanding of the world has been completely altered!
Oh we have sunshine - the problem is that you can never tell when it's going to turn up. So far this year we've had scorching weather in April, then a lot of rain, then more sunshine, then a monsoon season, and now we're back to summer! :?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So far we've had about a week of summer, with the rest being composed of rain.

Good luck with the garden, Graham.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The bricks have started going down...

MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Mister Kennedy, your man points have gone up by 239087423904872340987234097234 just for digging a hole that big. Awesome.

Also, I work @ B/Q, so if you ever happen to be in Cheshire, I can sort you some bits n peices for your garden :jawdrop:
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It just shows the difference in living standards around. I live in the suburbs and that land area is probably 1/5 of my back yard and 1/3 of the front. One of my high school teachers went on an work exchange to England awhile back and he said it was one of the hardest thing to get used to.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nice work there, Graham. Jusat make sure to drink plenty of liquids while working out there.
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

I suspect a very elaborate holodeck simulation designed to make us think he's telling the truth...
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

Tiberius wrote:I suspect a very elaborate holodeck simulation designed to make us think he's telling the truth...
well, i would be convinced if there was a picture of the garden with mr. graham kennedy actually in it.

(jk, i believe you)
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

I find the existence of this picture to be very suspicious....

Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!