OVEG: Threshold Is Up

Voyager
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: OVEG: Threshold Is Up

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Either way, I still don't see how it relates to subspace. :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

It don't.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote::lol: I see you counted on us all just taking your word and not clicking the link itself.
The very first line of that wiki article wrote:Torque is the tendency of a force to rotate an object about an axis[1] (or fulcrum or pivot). Just as a force is a push or a pull, a torque can be thought of as a twist. The symbol for torque is Ï„, the Greek letter tau.
Rotation = spinning
"The concept of torque, also called moment"

Yes it is. Its the same basic thing.
That wiki article you hoped we wouldn't read wrote:In the context of mechanical engineering, the terms "moment" and "torque" are not necessarily interchangeable; rather, one or the other may be preferred in a specific context. For example, "torque" is usually used to describe a rotational force down a shaft, for example a turning screw-driver, whereas "moment" is more often used to describe a bending force on a beam
:lol: Nice.

The subspace thing is silly anyways. There's obviously a different level/set (call it what you want) of physics and laws on top of the ones we know of now that govern subspace, seeing as you know FTL travel is impossible given our current knowledge and gravity still holds them down.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Blast, Rochey beat me to it. It is very hard to keep up with debates when I'm off for a week at a time.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »