OVEG: Threshold Is Up

Voyager
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: OVEG: Threshold Is Up

Post by kostmayer »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
kostmayer wrote:Q who is now up - he's gonna have to be extra snarky to find things to pick on with this episode. Will report back soon.
Oh, there's plenty of gold to mine from Picards arrogance in this episode.
Aye, its his arrogance that land them in the poop.

I'd also always thought that the 18 dead people might well be alive if Picard hadn't taken his sweet ass time telling Worf to blast the crap out of the ship. For that matter, given the amount of damage the initial volley did, could the Enterprise have concievably destroyed the Borg vessel? Or at least cause enough damage for them to escape. They did manage to punch a hole clear through one corner of the ship.

It has however never occured to me before why the Enterprise didn't run like hell as soon as they got the chance, rather then holding a conference wihout even bothering to withdraw.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Cpl Kendall wrote:As for me, I think it looks pretty cool.
I agree - I rather liked it myself. :) In the TNG Sketchbook which I bought several years ago, they included a preliminary sketch for a vaguely similar-looking ship for First Contact, which I would have loved to see developed.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

kostmayer wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:
kostmayer wrote:Q who is now up - he's gonna have to be extra snarky to find things to pick on with this episode. Will report back soon.
Oh, there's plenty of gold to mine from Picards arrogance in this episode.
Aye, its his arrogance that land them in the poop.

I'd also always thought that the 18 dead people might well be alive if Picard hadn't taken his sweet ass time telling Worf to blast the crap out of the ship. For that matter, given the amount of damage the initial volley did, could the Enterprise have concievably destroyed the Borg vessel? Or at least cause enough damage for them to escape. They did manage to punch a hole clear through one corner of the ship.

It has however never occured to me before why the Enterprise didn't run like hell as soon as they got the chance, rather then holding a conference wihout even bothering to withdraw.
Well I think the idea of the episode (at least the one that comes across now) is that SF and by extension the Federation, had grown complacent. Hence the conferance and neglecting to blast the crap out of the cube. And I have no doubt that at that stage the Enterprise could have took her but they wasted the opportunity.
I agree - I rather liked it myself. :) And in the TNG Sketchbook which I bought several years ago, they included a preliminary sketch for a vaguely similar-looking ship for First Contact, which I would have loved to see developed.
Oh? I'll have to see if it's in the library.
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Oh? I'll have to see if it's in the library.
Ah, here it is - it's listed as "Zodiac (5)". I thought it would make a kickass little vessel. :)
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Lazar wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:Oh? I'll have to see if it's in the library.
Ah, here it is - it's listed as "Zodiac (5)". I thought it would make a kickass little vessel. :)
Thanks man, there's some neat stuff on there.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

That guy also did www.treknology.org and is one of the administrators at SCN. just so you know.
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

OMG
I couldn't get past the first part.
Did he ever hear of M=l*F.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

M=l*F? :?
What is that?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

A really bad typo of E=MC2?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I thought it was a typo for MILF. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

Elementry school phisic.
M....torque
F....Force
l....lever

I couldn't get past that part. If he is going to criticise something he should atleast know what he is talking abaut.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Are you talking about the "subspace torque" bit?
Care to explain how "subspace torque" isn't just more technobabble BS, like he pointed out?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

Care to explain how "subspace torque" isn't just more technobabble BS, like he pointed out?
Well as I pointed out you don't need that someting spinns in oder to have torque. Indicating that he doesn't know what he is talking abaut.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

By all means, please point out where leverage comes into subspace.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Not only is that equation oversimplified (and incorrect), Torque is not M. It is... um, I don't know how to do greek letters on the keyboard. :?
And what is needed for torque is for a force applied around an axis. Aka, spinning.
And what does this have to do with subspace.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.