Getting odd error messages

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Getting odd error messages

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'd have to say, that my favorite (aka laughably inconsistant) part of that whole series is in the last one. Where after Voyager enteres the transwarp hub, the other Janeway dissappeares because of the ripple effects through space-time. I thought that was the best example of how the writeres examined the laws of physics and threw out the ones that didn't mesh with their plot.

if they'd used all the laws, not only would Janeway have dissappeared but the Ablative armor, and Transphasic Torpedoes, and all knowledge of the other Janeway would have been gone too, in which case Voyager would have wound up back on it's same course before the old Janeway came back in time, effectively creating a paradox. :mrgreen:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Never let the laws of physics get in the way of putting an end to a bad story. :mrgreen:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I'm sure theres some IU :Q explanation. :mrgreen:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

oh, I already know what that is

It's VOYAGER
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Isn't EVERY IU expiation in Trek :Q ?

How does ENT fit the timeline?
4,890,342,345,980,542,290,132 YATI's
Why is Picard French (with an English accent)?
Why is everyone else in Trek British/Irish?
Where are the damn bathrooms?

:mrgreen:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Lt. Staplic wrote:I'd have to say, that my favorite (aka laughably inconsistant) part of that whole series is in the last one. Where after Voyager enteres the transwarp hub, the other Janeway dissappeares because of the ripple effects through space-time. I thought that was the best example of how the writeres examined the laws of physics and threw out the ones that didn't mesh with their plot.

if they'd used all the laws, not only would Janeway have dissappeared but the Ablative armor, and Transphasic Torpedoes, and all knowledge of the other Janeway would have been gone too, in which case Voyager would have wound up back on it's same course before the old Janeway came back in time, effectively creating a paradox. :mrgreen:
Did she disappear? I thought she got blown up with the Unimatrix. And being as she created an alternate timeline, her timeline would be preserved.

OR: Voyage was protected from the changes in the timeline by the effect of the transwarp conduit shielding her from the normal manipulation of space-time much like the stargate protected SG-1 in Stargate Continuum....or: :Q
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

How does ENT fit the timeline?
:Q
4,890,342,345,980,542,290,132 YATI's
1)Are there really that many?

2)If there are, did you count them?
Why is Picard French (with an English accent)?
Cause he wanted to be... :?
Why is everyone else in Trek British/Irish?
Asia vanished due to :Q .
Where are the damn bathrooms?
Well, on the E-D there was one on the bridge (great place to have it :lol: ).
Other than that...
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

MM&I, yes she vanished it showed the unimatrix breaking up around her then she suddenly vanished.

idk about transwarp, but still temporal mechanics says that if the cause of the cause is destroyed, all effects from either cancel. meaning that the cause of old Janeways return was destroyed hence all effects of her return would be canceled from the timeline.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

No she didn't. The important bit's at 3:10 to 3:20.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

There goes Seafort again, trying to bring irrelevancies like empirical evidence into discussions. :lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I do have a reputation to uphold. :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

guess, you're right, could have sworn she dissappeared though.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I didn't see the error messages at all but I did see these posts about the message. I've an idea about what caused the issues, our server on the host was well overloaded by another user and some changes made by the provider. At that point they throttled back the services to stop it from crashing. This caused our original downtime. Once the issue was resolved they failed to change back some of the settings (which caused our extended downtime). I guess that this issue was also another change they imposed as a temporary fix and only put back once they saw the error messages appearing in the log files. As a good host company they probably fixed the issue when they checked the server was working OK. Thus it was fixed without our intervention.
email, ergo spam
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

sounds good to me.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Dear GOD!!!! What would have happened to me if I'd been at WORK and not on vacation with the site down?

:::shudders::::

I would have had to get some work done, I suppose.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.