ENT's intro

Enterprise

Did you think ENT's intro credits were good?

Yes
61%
No
15%
Meh, glorious meh
24%
I'm one of the lucky few that avoided watching the atrocity in question
No votes

Total votes: 33
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

ENT's intro

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Out of curiosity, did anyone like the introductory credit scene from ENT?

Personaly, I think it sucked hard.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: ENT's intro

Post by Captain Seafort »

I quite liked it . Whatshisface's song took a bit of getting used to, but the concept of showing the progression from sailing vessels to the NX-01 was an interesting one. Plus, if we hadn't had the usual title sequence we would have had the IAMD title sequence. 8)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I'm with the Captain. 8)
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I liked it. The orginal version was better than the latter one IMO though.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

There were two versions? :? The only difference I'm aware of was the title change from "Enterprise" to "Star Trek: Enterprise".
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The song changed in season three I think. It was the same song but it was done by a different guy/group.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

And we're somehow tied on this. :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Yes, they had their merits, but it was unorthodox. We were used to the Final Frontier speech and some rather classical sounding theme. this was done by, I believe Diane Keaton. Guitars were unheard of. At first I disliked it for being different, but now i understand that different isn't neccesarily bad. Though the reworking of the theme during season 3 wasn't optimal, and I didn't like the extra thingies added, it wasn't that bad either. but the IAMD was great.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Showing past explorations was great, but why so America centric? For instance they show American astronauts all over the place... no less than EIGHT of the montage images are of US space missions. But no Sputnik, no Yuri Gagarin, no Mir, no Arianne? None of these rate a mention here?

And that music... oy vey. That music sucked the sweat off an elephant's testicles.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I wish there was a "Meh" option.
For me, the music was ok. It wasn't great, but it wasn't what I would classify as atrocious either.
The historical progression was great, though I agree with Graham that it was a little (ok, maybe a lot) too America centric.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm with Graham on both counts there. :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I liked the music, it was better in its original form but both were ok.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Music: about as memorable as what i had for dinner last tuesday. Not very

Vid: unremarkable.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"Meh" option added for Stitch. :P

In theory, the idea they had for the opening credits was a good one. An inspiring song, set to scenes of humanity's key steps in getting to space.
In practice, they fucked that idea up so badly.

For one, the song sucked. It was just cheesy to the extreme, rather than inspiring, and just makes me roll my eyes everytime I hear it.
Secondly, the scenes they chose could have been done a lot better. As Graham pointed out, they're all American exploits. Where's the first rocket? Where's the first satalite? Where's the first man in space? Where's the first space station? Where's Mir? And what does Amelia Earheart have to do with any of this?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:..Where's the first cál ceannann in space?
That's what I was wondering.

:P