Ugly ship designs

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow. That reaches whole new levels of unimaginativity. I mean, I know I couldn't design a way out of a wet paper bag, but at least ideas I do come up with are a little original!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

DarkOmen wrote:Man this has got to be one of the worst.

Its supposed to be an Enterprise F idea. I know my own design borrows very heavily from the E-E... but this guy didnt even try to make a new ship!! He took the nacelles and rotated them 90 degrees!!

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/ ... sef_pr.jpg
wow, if you didn't tell me, i wouldn't have even noticed the 90 degree rotation...
Bernd
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Post by Bernd »

Some more things to consider:

It doesn't excuse unimaginative ship designs, but the people working for the show created ugly kitbashes on a few occasions too, most notably the dreadful DS9TM ships:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ds9tm.htm

Another thing to take into consideration is that it is predominantly young fans who come up with kitbashed ships, just when they discover the basic functions of Windows Paint. My own efforts at the age of twelve weren't really better.

But the argument that is most frequently brought forward is "I don't have anything other but Paint". This is a lame excuse because there are so many more advanced and still free drawing programs.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Even in Paint, with enough patience you can still produce an innovative design. It takes time and you have to be prepared to adujust it pixel-by-pixel, but it can can be done.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.