Kazon 'Predator'

Voyager
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Kazon 'Predator'

Post by Teaos »

Hell no. I've seen the Terminator movies, I know what your planning.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Besides, the radiation would just disrupt your circuits. You have no appendages, no evil minions, so it can only sit next to your mainframe.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:Send it this way. :wave:
Not again. "fool me once..."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I had two things to balance with this one. Yeah Paris calls it "armed to the teeth"... and it had to be powerful enough that it was a serious threat to Voyager at the very least.

But at the same time, Kazon ships are not exactly on a par with Voyager, and Voyager is not a particularly strong ship in my estimation.

The Kazon ships are also inherited from the Trabe, not original builds. Given the Kazon mindset it seems eminently logical to me that a great big ship like that would be some sort of converted freighter.

So. In armament, the Predator outguns Voyager 5:1. It's fitted with no less than SIXTY phaser banks, to Voyager's 13; a more than 5:1 ratio. It does lag in torpedoes, with 2 to Voyager's 4 (or 5!).

Where it falls down is in the other areas... weapon range and accuracy, agility, speed, etc. Still, overall it's in the same ballpark as Voyager, one to one. And the Kazon fleet as a whole are superior to Voyager.

I think it's a reasonable take on the ship, myself.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Agreed.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, I'd agree with that.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Fits with the interpretation of "armed to the teeth" referring to number of guns, not overall capability.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That was always how I'd interpreted the quote at any rate.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

lol just another example of me misinterpreting something, and partly wishing, as had just sculpted the master model before making moulds for some wargames, and hoped that i could make the predator under trabe use as some awesome uber-ship.
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

One of the things Trek has done sensibly on occasion is make the point that there's more to a combat vessel than just stuffing it with weapons. The smuggler ship in Unification is one I absolutely love, because they talk about how it's armed to the teeth... but one shot takes the whole ship down. Lots of weapons but crap shields and no damage control makes for a poor warship.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, ships have to be able to take it as well as dish it out.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Here here.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I mean, what's the point in building a battleship that goes down after a few hits? These ships will, by necessity, be flying straight into the heaviest combat in any battle. They're going to be targetted by virtualy every enemy ship that can hit them due to their size and strength.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsu, you should join either the ISB or SWAT. They'll give you all the combat gear you want. Oh, be warned though that ISB will want you to travel so if you have any attachments nearby it might not be for you.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

I don't think SWAT would be a good idea, with knees that need a walking cane and loads of alcohol to stop hurting.