Stagnation of Technology

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Stagnation of Technology

Post by Sionnach Glic »

But, since by then they can move back and forwards in time, could it be said that the Federation will end? If they run into some trouble, just go back and correct it.
That's where the whole issue of alternate timelines comes into play.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ain't temporal mechanincs a pain??? :madashell:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

From what we see I would imagin the Federation will be around for a long time.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Agreed.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

The UFP always seemed to be malleable (and insidious) enough to weather all sorts of sea-changes.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

They are even more insidious than those damn parasites!! :laughroll:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It's a pitty they never brought back those parasites again. I thought they were a neat idea.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Either that, or this still remains to be continued further on.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

shran wrote:Either that, or this still remains to be continued further on.
I seriously doubt they will ever be brought back, Trek seemed determined to shoot itself in the head or die trying by doing these ridiculous and contrived prequels which make no real sense when considered along side Canon.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

I wish they would close a few things up, there have been so many baddies of the week or aliens of the week that would be interesting to see followed up on, I'm pretty sure we had a thread on it before.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, I think we did.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I did a "one-off Trek aliens" thread a while ago. I was thinking about the Voth and the Sheliak, in particular.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I did a "one-off Trek aliens" thread a while ago. I was thinking about the Voth and the Sheliak, in particular.
Yeah I think that was it, the Voth I can kind of understand, they didn't seem to want much to do with Earth since it would blow open their whole immigrants deal, but the Sheliak, would be nice to see what makes the Feds so afraid of breaking that treaty.
-Elie Wiesel

-Billy Ray Cyrus
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

KuvahMagh wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:I did a "one-off Trek aliens" thread a while ago. I was thinking about the Voth and the Sheliak, in particular.
Yeah I think that was it, the Voth I can kind of understand, they didn't seem to want much to do with Earth since it would blow open their whole immigrants deal, but the Sheliak, would be nice to see what makes the Feds so afraid of breaking that treaty.
They beamed Picard off of the E-D bridge easily enough (I don't recall if the shields were up - I think they were), and I recall someone mentioning that the colony ship was a match for the E-D (anyone have this ep?). I haven't seen it in years, but I remember them being treated as a serious threat.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939