Examples of the Cardassian Ground Force

Deep Space Nine
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Examples of the Cardassian Ground Force

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

I keep hearing they have a superior ground military to everyone else in the quadrant. What are some examples?
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Examples of the Cardassian Ground Force

Post by KuvahMagh »

I'm not sure but I think most of it comes from the fact that much of the battles we have heard about from the Cardassian Wars was Ground Combat. That and I think there has been some background material related to this.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Someone (Kira perhaps?) told a story about ambushing a bunch of Cardassians when they exited their armored vehicle, and stated that they had no hope against it with small arms.

The fact that the Cardassians employ armored vehicles at all would make them the most powerful ground force in the quadrant, given that we've never heard any mention of any other race having any armored vehicles.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Cardassians seem to be the only ones with any form of ground combat experience.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They have mechanised infantry.
Therefore their ground army is superior to any other race's in the quadrant. Which kinda points out just how sucky the rest of the races' ground armies are.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yes, it's kind of a sad indicator that merely the presence of mechanized infantry - with no mention of how good it actually is - makes you the best infantry around.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Details of the Cardassian army.

Garak, in "The Wire":
During the Occupation, I was a Gul in the Cardassian Mechanized Infantry.
This is the introduction to one of Garak's somewhat inventive stories. However, while the rest of the details are patent lies (as his claim to be a member of the unit), it seems unlikely that he would lie about the existence of a branch of the Cardassian armed forces - something that could be easily checked. Garak takes a professional pride in his lies, and such an elementary bog-up would be out of character for him. The existence of Cardie Mech Inf is supported by other examples.

Kira, in "The Darkness and the Light", describing an incident during the occupation:
We must've been out there for three, four hours before the skimmer appeared and set down right where Furel said it would. And when the hatch opened and that first Cardassian stepped out, I just started firing. And I didn't stop until I'd discharged the entire power cell.
The fact that the resistence waited until the Cardies got out before opening fire shows that the skimmer is enclosed, and is (or is believed to be) proof against small arms.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thanks, Seafort. I haven't seen that one in about a decade.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It's sad to think that two offhand comments make the Cardies more powerful on the ground than any other race in the quadrant. :roll:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The wonders of how "canon" works.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:Indeed.
We definitely need a dedicated "Teal'c" smilie. This: :mrT: just doesn't cut it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Seconded. Or maybe just a small picture of some sort.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

:mrT: I pity the fool that doesn't use Mech Infantry... just doesn't sound right...
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:smurf: Can I join the Starfleet Infantry????
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.