Starfleet Dress

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Starfleet Dress

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Isn't it kind of wierd to some how, the color coded seperation goes?
Red: Command
Blue: Science
Yellow: every one else?
(according to post TOS)

I'd have liked to see may be Engineerers, and Ops in yellow, but tactical and security should have had their own idetifier in my opinion.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Starfleet Dress

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Green, maybe?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

it would've been nice if they had first contact miniskirt uniforms for the women.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

green would be a good color, i'm just thinking that the security/tactical are different enough from engineering to deserve their own color.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I would hope that the green isnt a lime green, instead a very deep green. I'm colour blind so i cant tell the difference between lime green and yellow.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

yes, definately a deep green, we need to be able to set them apart after three series have them clumped into the same catagory as Engineers and Ops.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yeah, I was thinking of a forest green, maybe an emerald green. Lime green? :lol: That's only good for tiny string bikinis. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I was actually thinking black with silver trim for Security. After all, you do want your security people "looking" tough. A psychological advantage.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mark wrote:I was actually thinking black with silver trim for Security. After all, you do want your security people "looking" tough. A psychological advantage.
Makes sense. I can see the divisional colors being used, but honestly the Red/Gold/Blue seemed so civilian. I understand it originated in the 60's, but still. The STII-STVI era are by far the most military like, and I appreciate that. I don't mind the Grey/Black First Contact onward uniforms, but even more color separation would be great. Command - Red, Ops - Gold, Blue - Medical, Green - Science, Black - Security, etc.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

And for security, phaser "pistols". It's part of the intimidation factor after all. I would NOT have wanted to tangle with those two armored security officers in STIII
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mark wrote:And for security, phaser "pistols". It's part of the intimidation factor after all. I would NOT have wanted to tangle with those two armored security officers in STIII
I'd be fine with Rifles too, though they could be cumbersome.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Security SHOULD be well armed.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

definately.

I like the black/silver idea, but if we go by the natural progression of uniforms it could get confusing since that's the general layout of the Fed uniforms post Dominion War.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Even then, their "undershirts" were still colored. Black and grey jacket over a solid black sweater.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Security officers in TNG looked so unexceptional. Many of them looked no stronger than the average guy in a fight (aside from Worf himself, little evidence of his own/Starfleet's tactical training was evident most of the time). Phaser pistols are just more practical/ergonomic, in addition to the intimidation factor. Definitely distinguish between security officers and engineers; they'd need to be able to distinguish themselves for practical/security reasons.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who