Ideas for new classes of starships

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ideas for new classes of starships

Post by Mark »

I had an idea for a new weapons system. Unmaned and remote weapons platforms. Picture it. A GCS launches a spread of ten "torpedo" like objects. They scatter in a full dispersion pattern. They have small replicators like O'Brians mines, except they replicate a larger "platform" around themselves, including a hevey phaser and small complement of torpedos. Then they open fire as well. One gets destroyed, launch another core, while still opening up with conventional weapons.

I know it's a little off topic, but it just dawned on me.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

Mark wrote:I know it's a little off topic, but it just dawned on me.
not too off topic I came up w/an idea like that but it was an unmanned shuttle w/troop trans. pod. :takecover:
came to give idea of protostar (will explain later).
Anonymous lol
"Quantum" it'll make ya do things unexpectedly
Don't read this. Believe me, it's better for your health.
There! :p
hahahahahaha!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

They have small replicators like O'Brians mines, except they replicate a larger "platform" around themselves, including a hevey phaser and small complement of torpedos
Where does it get the mass/energy too replicate this stuff?

Anything made needs an equal amount of M/AM or replicator stock to be made.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

To quote Q: "I'm an idea man!"

The same place O'Brians self replicating minefield got it's from. The initial launching device could only be a replicator packed with replicateable material. When it hits its targeted coordinents, it replicates the attack platform. As for the M\AM, didn't the mines replicate M\AM for the ones that had been destroyed?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

O'Briens platforms got stock from the destoryed parts of ships that flew into them. Since your things arent mines they dont have that luxury.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Well, they are designed to be small, fire and forget weapons. After expending itself, they could always use the raw material of another one, or the ship in question could always fire "reloads" if needed. But I see it more as a the platform would get in a few shots from unexpected angles, do some damage, and get left behind while the ships manuver. Bad guys don't usually sit still. I'll admit there are some bugs to work out, but it's a solid idea.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I like it, it's an interesting concept.
It could be the fed's version of the cardassian dreadnaught, or that AI torpido that Voyager found. (The one that had been launched accedentally and tried to take over Voyager to reach it's target)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Premiere Class
Exploarion
26 decks
Type 4 Calos*
Pulse Fire Transphasic Torpidos (2)
Pulse Fire A-Class** Torpidos (2)
High Power SIF
Automodulating, Regenerative Shielding
Warp 18 Capability***

*Calos: Phaser beams with the energy beam re-orgonized by calorons(thermal partical) to be more effective, and to prevent the powering of regenerative shielding. Type 4: Lower power Exploration version

**A-Class Torpidos: Teslic Torpido (Uses magnetic particals of matter and anti-matter to power an electro magnetic amplifyer(before detonation), the amplifyer candisrupt enemy power systems on top of the considerable blast yield.) with Transphasic technology.

***Uses FI Warp scale difines as:
Vc^(-1) = WF^(log1460)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

I think the Klingons and Romulans oughtta have a few new designs up their sleeves after the war with the Dominion. Cardassians especially will be in the market for new ships that fill different purposes. So starting from the angle of addressing their needs, they've lost a ton of infrastructure. They need to extract and transport resources and they also need a strong industrial workforce, which could be largely automated.

Remote Mining Vessel
This small vessel is equipped specially-designed point-to-point transporter systems, and a small weapons armament. It is used in tandem with existing cargo vessels that visit the mining site to pick up cargo provided by the RMV. The RMV's transporters are designed to safely transport valuable (and possibly volatile) minerals and other materials from within asteroids and uninhabitable planetoids. The crew complement would be minimal - 7 for navigation, command, and ship operations, 10 for engineering maintenance, and 10 to operate and maintain the mining transporters.

I also wonder where antimatter comes from. Do they have some kind of atom-smasher at some safe location? This would be fun to daydream about...
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Survival Class *
Deep Space Exploration
8 decks
Type 4 Calos
Burst Fire Teslic Torpidos (2)
Rapid Fire A-Class Torpidos (2)
High Power SIF
Automodulating Regenerative Shielding
Despensable Ablative Hull Armor
Warp 24 Capability
Cloak **

*See Premiere Class for unmentioned new tech.
**Federation Cloak Tech. was allowed upon renegotiation of the Treaty with the Romulans. The Fed. Cloak is automodulating, and able to remain active and effective while fireing torpidos and with the shields active.
(more ships to come)
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Contenentle Class*
Medium Cruser/Deep Space Explorer
35 decks
Type 5 Calos
Rapid Fire A-Class Torpedoes (2)
Pulse Fire D-Class Torpedoes** (2)
High Power SIF
Double, Automodulating, Regenerative Shielding
Warp 18 Capability
Cloak

* For any unmarked new tech see Premiere Class post
**D-Class Torpedo: Uses a four way reaction of M/AM, Dark Matter, and Anti-Dark Matter for the highest yeild of torpido ever developed by SF. Also equiped with Transphasic Technology. Only carried on militay vessiles.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Virol Class*
Battleship (No and's, if's, or but's about it.)
15 decks
Type 5 Calos
Burst Fire A-Class Torpedoes (2)
Burst Fire D-Class Torpedoes (3)
High Power SIF
Triple, Automodulating Regenerative Shielding
Primary Armor over critical areas**
Warp 18 Capability
Cloak

* For unmentioned new tech, see prev. posts
** Critical Areas: Warp Core, Wepons Relayes, Bridge, Nescells, Computer Core, Power Generators.
(More to come)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I think the Klingons and Romulans oughtta have a few new designs up their sleeves after the war with the Dominion. Cardassians especially will be in the market for new ships that fill different purposes. So starting from the angle of addressing their needs, they've lost a ton of infrastructure. They need to extract and transport resources and they also need a strong industrial workforce, which could be largely automated.
With the KE I don't see anything new coming for a while. Their fleet was pretty tough and Martok led them to enough victory with older ships that they may not feel the need. The BoP is a perfect raider/scout. Its cheap, small, fast, light on crew and can be built in massive numbers. The Negh'var gave the KDF its first Battleship. Massive in weapons, sheilds and armour. It is everything you want when you're going toe to toe with heavy warships of other races. The Vor'cha is just what is needed to peak out this fleet. A well balanced middle ground for the KDF. Far greater numbers then the Negh'var could ever be but also far more powerful then a BoP could ever be. The Klingon fleet has to be one of the best fleets in Trek for balance.

As to the Romulans... Their new warbird, the Norexan, seems to be a well armed medium cruiser. The D'D could be a pretty good heavy cruiser by modern standards and the Scimitar... well that one is up for grabs... But otherwise the Romulan fleet is in bad need of numbers right now. We just don't know enough about their fleet but it seems that they need to work on a cheap light cruiser or frigate to match up with the BoP.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Einstein Class*
Explorer/Med. Cruiser
7 decks
Type 5 Calos
Rapid fire Teslic Torpedoes (3)
Rapid fire A-Class Torpedoes (3)
High Power SIF
Double Automoduating Regenerative Shielding
Primary Armor over vital areas
Warp 22 Capability
Cloak

*For unmentioned new tech, see prev. Posts.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Adaptoid Class*
No stats avalable on this ship class,
Ship changes configuration.**

* for unmentioned new tech, see prev posts
** Ship uses replicator and holographic technology to manipulate it's size, and configuration to match any ship it had scanned in dietail.