Slavery

Voyager
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Slavery

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hey, it's true. Point out one kid who's a vegan to me.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Those with the monumental bad luck to be born to vegan parents, who often ram their idiotic "diet" down their offsprings' throat.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Fair point. I'd forgotten about those idiots.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sounds like a job for... Social Workers!

Like I said in another thread, O blood types can't be vegans without large amounts of supplements. Talk about negligence.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Captain Seafort wrote:Those with the monumental bad luck to be born to vegan parents, who often ram their idiotic "diet" down their offsprings' throat.
Nah those kids cheat when their parents arent around.

One of my best friends growing up was a "Vegan". Came around to my house every Tuesday and Thursday to have a BBQ with my family 8)
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Still, even with grabbing the occasional healthy meal like that the fact that their home diet is fundamentally unhealthy means that they'd be less healthy than someone who was eating a proper balanced diet without having to scrounge extras.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Depends on how often they get it. Most doctors say to have no more than 2 helpings of red meat a week. So if they slip a steak in once a week they coul be doing ok.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

I'm not just talking about meat - there's the milk, eggs, etc, that are an important part of a balanced diet, and vegans refuse to eat. I'm not sure whether a helping or two a week would be sufficent to make up for them.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Why are vegans against milk? I can understand things like eggs and meat, but I never could figure out what they had against mik. :?
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

They say that it's cruel to cows to keep them contained like that for milking, and that the machines are bad and rub the utters raw causing severe agony and a load of other crap like that. They'll drink milk that comes from hand-milked farms usually or they drink synthetic milk.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Rochey wrote:Why are vegans against milk? I can understand things like eggs and meat, but I never could figure out what they had against mik. :?
And as a meat-and-milk-consuming omnivore who does too much Googling for his own good, I can tell you that there is a small but dedicated anti-milk movement who say that milk is bad for your bones and that it's responsible for a whole host of ailments. (Although I think the ethical concerns that Lt. Staplic mentioned would probably be more commonly cited.)

And just when you're about to switch to soy milk, you happen upon the equally dedicated anti-soy movement, who say that soy is full of phytoestrogens and that it's responsible for a whole host of ailments. :lol:
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, that's....retarded.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Sounds like a job for... Social Workers!

My father? Why is he being involved?
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Rochey wrote:Hey, it's true. Point out one kid who's a vegan to me.
On a related note, veganism is rare among pre-agricultural peoples. If veganism were the natural choice for humans, then you would expect it to be predominant among humans in their natural Paleolithic state.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If we were supposed to be naturaly vegans then we wouldn't have sharp teeth. :roll: