Episode nits on the main site

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
twitch2oh
Petty officer second class
Location: Always where I am, sometimes where I was and never where I'm supposed to be.

Re: Episode nits on the main site

Post by twitch2oh »

Thanks... I have another thing to pick on...

Episode: Eye of the Needle

(Under Quote): "There's one more request... something of a personal nature... I would like... a name." - EMH to Kes. And he never did get one...

Sorry, wrong. In VOY: Endgame The EMH did have a name: Joe. In fact (I think it's Paris) who makes a comment about it. Maybe he didn't get a name in that episode, but he got one...eventually.
Twitch + NOS = Pill-z
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Altenative futures don't count. That future will never happen.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
twitch2oh
Location: Always where I am, sometimes where I was and never where I'm supposed to be.

Post by twitch2oh »

But 'alternative future' deaths count in the death toll...why not a name?
Twitch + NOS = Pill-z
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Because he points out it was in the future. And the death count is also there to tell us who we see die in the episode. We see them die.

Because of Admiral Janeway going back in time the original time line wont happen and the Doctor we have seen over 7 years is no longer sure of getting that name.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
twitch2oh

Post by twitch2oh »

Works for me...
Twitch + NOS = Pill-z
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Goddamn temporal mechanics.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The commentary on the quote itself could as easily apply to the remainder of the ep as to the remainder of the series.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
twitch2oh

Post by twitch2oh »

Yet another typo... corrections in red (originals in parentheses)
DS9: The Siege of AR-558

Under YATI, second paragraph: For that matter, what about (abount) just firing a long burst of phaser fire and sweeping it from side to side, instead of all those fast bursts (burst) they use? It would be far more devastating than present day machine gun fire. A single wide-angle beam would be even better. And don't claim that they would run out of power too quickly, because we see extra power clips being handed out before the battle but nobody is ever seen actually changing one.
Twitch + NOS = Pill-z
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I've split the TR-116ing into another thread. Please try and avoid such diversions in these stickies.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Not an episode nit, but a movie nit. I was watching Star Trek III this morning and noticed a YATI. In the beginning of the film, Scotty is ordered to report to Excelsior as Captain of Engineering, and his rank pin is a captains pin, but for the self-destruct he identifies himself as Commander Montgomery Scott, not Captain.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps there hadn't been time for his promotion to have gone through the system, meaning the computer would still think he's a commander?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

The Enterprise was marked for decommisioning, so the latest information may not have been uploaded to its databanks.

Though until it was decommisioned, it was a fully functioning Starship, and a formidable weapon - it should be subject to the same security protocols as active Starships.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Not an episode nit, but on the "Morals" page, there is no "next" button on the "Disturbing? -- Don't Lose Your Head" moral page for "Times Arrow"
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Under the moral for the ENT episode "Fusion", you guys misspelled 'consequences'. Unless it's spelled differently over there. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yet more TR-116ing split from the thread. As Seafort pointed out, let's keep these threads clear of conversations.