Which 3 ships would you choose?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
SteveK
Ensign
Ensign

Which 3 ships would you choose?

Post by SteveK »

Starfleet has just discovered a wormhole to the the Andromeda galaxy, it is stable yet temporary, and due to reverse quantum polarity ships can only move in one direction. It will be open for a 1 month period every 10 years, and cycles from allowing transport from the Milky way to the Andromeda galaxy to vice versa. Meaning that once every 20 years Milky way ships can travel to the Andromeda galaxy and they have to wait at least 10 years to return.

You have been assigned to command a small fleet of 3 ships (but the Federation can spare at most 1 sovereign) on a mission of exploration and diplomatic contact. You have 2 months before the wormhole opens so you can make minor modifications to the ship, but no new designs are possible.

Which three ships do you choose?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Which 3 ships would you choose?

Post by Aaron »

Sovereign is the obvious choice as well as a tender or supply vessel to allow them to make it the ten years. For the third, probably a Defiant for scouting. If this fleet is going to be stuck in another galaxy for ten years it's best that they have heavy hitting ships.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I'm guessing we want to do this quick so no sending probe through to scan the place or anyhting
Right?
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
SteveK
Ensign
Ensign

Post by SteveK »

You could send a probe, but it couldn't send a signal back through the wormhole. :)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Easy as pie. One Sovereign, two Galaxy class.

A long duration mission you need lots of room for supplies, high accommodation standards for the crew, etc. The Galaxy is perfect for that. The Sovereign goes along to provide firepower if needed and the very latest sensor suite.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

we send endgame voyager with a sovereign and a galaxy
then we have supereor firepower we use the armor on all the ships and we have space on the galaxy
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'd go with Kendall's choice of a Sov and a tender, but I'd replace the Defiant with a Prometheus - it's a lot faster, and gives you three scouts for the price of one.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Easy as pie. One Sovereign, two Galaxy class.

A long duration mission you need lots of room for supplies, high accommodation standards for the crew, etc. The Galaxy is perfect for that. The Sovereign goes along to provide firepower if needed and the very latest sensor suite.
You stole my answer :D

Also I'd gut one of the GCS of all the luxury stuff and fill it with cargo and replicators to help set up land bases ect.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Sovereign, GCS with gutted space for supplies and a Nova.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Why a Nova? Its so small, you may as well take a second GCS that can do the same job but better and also have cargo room.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'll clarify, i meant a Rhode Island. I mean come on! it held off two negh'vars. a few disrupter blasts would have the bridge exploding on a GCS.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Uhhh, that ships from the "future" and I think this senario is based in VOY era.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

oh right. Stuff the nova then, take a second GCS or an Akira. Actually i'd probably take the Akira.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sov, and 2 Prommies. You now have what is basicaly a fleet of 7 ships with massive power and enough space for plenty of supplies.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Your gonna have problems with supplies, none of those ships seem to have big cargo holds and they have to last at a minimum 10 years.