Weekly Warinificationness

The Next Generation

Who'd win in a pre TNG/DS9 era conflict between the Romulans and the Cardassian Union?

The Romulan Star Empire?
88%
The Cardassian Union?
12%

Total votes: 17
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Weekly Warinificationness

Post by Deepcrush »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:I think the whole point of this has just been missed by about a mile and a half. My complant is that Seafort was doing the same thing that he ragged Chakat for. I make a point, Seafort repeats what I've said and then makes up something to throw in that has nothing to do with what is going on. Or just flat out lies on the matter and then some how calls dancing a form of counter. I wanted to know what we should do when its a mod causing the problem? Or is it just tough luck, he's a mod and you're not kind of deal? I just wanted to know.

I already know he can't counter me on this topic but now he's doing something that he was crying about just a few days ago.
If somebody makes stuff up that has nothing to do with what is going on, or "lies" about what your points are, then I would advise you to point that out in your argument as a way of making points against him. That applies equally whether the person you are arguing against is a moderator or not; I don't see how being a mod has anything to do with it.

This is just part of people arguing. We're not having formal debates here with rules that each side has to follow and you get disciplined if you don't argue properly. If somebody slates you, slate them back. You're a big boy Deep, I've no doubt you can look after yourself.
Great help on this... :roll:

You're late anyways, the matter is over with.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Deepcrush wrote:Any ideas for the next War of the Week?

I was thinking something outside of StarTrek for a change.

Tau Empire vs Craftworld Eldar
Grand Army of the Republic vs Confederacy of Independent Systems (Without the sith backround control)
Elites + allies (Humans/Grunts/Hunters) vs Brutes + allies (Jackels/Drones/Profits) Halo series

I could write up a little bit for each to give us a starting point. But, I would like to know which one you guys want to do?
Those could equally be interesting. If only you knew more about the Mass Effect universe. Pitting the Asari fleet against the Turian fleet should be interesting, especially with the Destiny Ascension in on the fighting
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well I can only write up what know about. Mass Effect would have to be someone else or atleast give me time to do research. If you want Mass Effect then just let me know and I'll try too figure something out for it.

As for the three I posted, which would you rather run? Thats the one we'll do next then I'll try to follow up with Mass Effect.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Dont worry. alot of Mass effect is speculation. The Turian fleet is massive, much larger than the Asari fleet, but the Asari flagship Destiny Ascension is almost as powerful as the Asari fleet in itself. Its not worth the trouble.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I don't think the GAR/CIS matchup would be a good one - we know how that finished, even with the Sith prolonging the war. Without that interference, and with a simple comparison of the forces involved, it would be a short thrashing of the CIS.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

hmmm...I'm not so sure myself. the CIS fleet appeared competent enough. Admittedly, their ground forces were behind par
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

They were competent, but they were simply outgunned. The Invisible Hand was a powerful ship by CIS standards, and it was taken out by a VenStar and a few Carracks. Their main battleship design was a converted freighter.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I have to agree with Reliant. I think much of it would come to the fleet battles.

On the ground the CIS had the advantage of numbers to start with but that would fade as factories are destroyed and as the GAR gets up to speed on recruiting. This wouldn't be one of our normal short wars. It would have to be a very drawn out conflict. I was thinking ten years or more.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

True. Weren't the Munificent and Recusant class armed with that mofo turbolaser on the bow? admittedly it doesnt really mean much since they are more frigates/cruisers than major combatants.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Remember that Cruiser sized ships were the norm for fleets. There weren't many battleships around.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

in the Battle at Coruscant (SW III) there appeared to be alot of the Lucrehulk's. admittedly they were freighters normally, but weren't they battleships with their mods?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

What are you counting as a lot? A dozen or so maybe...? That would be a lot in Star Trek but not in Star Wars. The scales are far different. Remember that the 5th Fleet of the Open Circle Armada was in its own several thousand starships. Most of which were Venator Class. The Coruscant Home Fleet also took part. Again, more then a thousand ships, though I've never heard a picky number and it seems too bounce back and forth. I guess it at a thousand since the CIS didn't just walk over it but also wasn't able to get past it with any good speed and heldout for nearly a day without help.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

True enough. Stupid scales :P
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Since we've been covering this one, I'm going to take it as the next war of the week.

Grand Army of the Republic vs The Confederacy of Independent Systems.

I'll write a short story as to how it starts up and how the backround stories get missed out.

---------------------------

On the other note, the WotW after this will be the Halo War I brought up unless someone bring along another WotW they want.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

hi deep
i fixed the votes, so as to avoid people changing their vote for deviant purposes, as have spoken with several persons who change their vote not in congruence with a new opinion based on the debated material but rather the aetiology coming from reasons outside of the debate which i will refrain from mentioning,so i had hoped to gauge a veridical view of people's opinions regarding the RSE and CU, rather than of anything else
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay