Gamma mission sign in

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Gamma mission sign in

Post by Mikey »

Daystrom has a tac officer, ops, science, engineer, XO, and CMO already. We don't have a helmsman, if you want a senior staff/bridge position.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Ooo, pilot position, temping...then again, so is Klingon warrior. Oh the the choices.

If I went Klingon, what are the odds of getting in on the captured cruiser? It'd be a good intro for him, been hidden among the klingon crews until just now.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lighthawk wrote:Ooo, pilot position, temping...then again, so is Klingon warrior. Oh the the choices.

If I went Klingon, what are the odds of getting in on the captured cruiser? It'd be a good intro for him, been hidden among the klingon crews until just now.
1/3rd the crew is Klingon. It'd be pretty good especially if he was the klingon version of a marine.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Sounds good to me.

Computer: One warrior, Klingon...working...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Klingon warrior is good, although we are always looking for new centurions, Nighthawk. I need dependable officers
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Thats fine, so long as you create a believeable character thats on one of the ships already your sweet.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

should be fun...as for the Valkyrie, I'm the only PC on her now, I'm the CTO (I think, I'm not sure if Cix has been In game prommoted or not?) but other than that everything's open.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Okay, one (slightly odd) Klingon warrior. Will he do?

Name: Ul'th
Race: Klingon
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 280lbs

Appereance: Ul'th is tall, even for a Klingon, but his frame is somewhat more slender than the normal bulkiness of his people. He is bronze skinned, with dark brown eyes and thick black hair, cut roughly shoulder length with several braids. He sports a carefully trimmed goatee and moustacious. His usual outfit is a set of tradinational Klingon battle armor and attire, though his own armor sports an extra thick breastplate which he routinely treats with an energy resistant coating.

Personality: Due to brain damage resulting from head trama he suffered in his youth, Ul'th is very unusual for a Klingon. He does not possess a Klingon's well known temper, or indeed any of his people's strong and powerful emotions. His emotions are weak, muffled things, enough to feel but no longer having any real meaning to him. He can not laugh, or cry, or tap into the well known berserker strength of Klingons.

Because of his minimal emotions, Ul'th gives more consideration to logical thought then gut feelings. He has on and off consulted various Vulcan writings on logic and mental discipline, though even for him the shame of it is enough to keep him from truly indulging in such works. He does have a somewhat dry sense of humor, and gains some amusement out of making quips generally too subtle for most other Klingons to pick up on.

In battle, Ul'th is a fearless Klingon warrior, which as he will readily admit, is an easy thing to be when even fear is an emotion so weak as to be like a slight tickle. Enough to notice, but more of an annoyance than anything else. He readily takes the point in any group, offering himself as a living shield, hoping that perhaps acting brave will be enough to get him into Sto-vo-kor.

History: Heir to a small but respected House, Ul'th was a promising youth, the pride of his father and role model for his little brother. He was everything a Klingon was expected to be, strong, brave, with a determined will and boundless confindence. He joined the military as soon as he was old enough to, and excelled in his training.

It was during a live fire drill that Ul'th suffered his life changing injury, a faulty fuse causing the demolition charge he had set to go off prematurally, buring him in rubble. Though he was dug out and patched up, his mental injuries never healed. Along with his crippled emotions, Ul'th also lost much of his hand/eye coordination, making it nearly impossible for him to aim at distance. His life seemed doomed to disgrace, many already regarding him as an empty shell due to his lack of emotion, and worthless as a warrior due to his disability.

Ul'th's return home was less than promising. His father tried to be supportive, but the shame and disappointment that filled him was obvious. Not only was his son no longer fit to be a warrior, but his mental state made him highly questionable as to be the next Head of the House.

At first there seemed little hope for Ul'th. He was aloof, locking himself away in his room, or else slipping away in secret. Rumors sprung up about his odd behavior, and most regarded him as if he was completely mentally retarded.

Three years after his accident, Ul'th surprised everyone by rejoining the military, stunning them with the revelation that he had been spending virtually all his time learning to wield the Bat'leth from an old warrior who had been forced to retire in disgrace, too old to fight but too good to get himself killed in battle. Dispite his handicap, Ul'th had managed to master the weapon to an amazing degree, learning to wield it purely by feel so as to cut out his crippled hand/eye coordination. He had ended his training with a fatal duel with his teacher, finally giving the old Klingon a warrior's death.

His skill with the bat'leth, combined with his willingness to lead any charge, to be a living shield if needed for the success of a battle, granted him a place in the Klingon forces. To further his worth, he also applied himself to the very thing that had crippled him, and learned all he could of demolitions.

It is Ul'th's hope that he might meet death in combat, both for the sake of his honor, and for his House. He hopes to get himself killed before his father finds his death, so that when the time comes, it will be his brother who inherites the role of Head of House. Despite these wishes, Ul'th does not take reckless or stupid chances. He knows he will find no honor and earn no place in Sto-vo-kor by letting his foes defeat him. Only by being beaten fully, defeated regardless of his best efforts, can he find the honor he wishes for.

In combat: Ul'th is a fiercesome warrior with the Bat'leth, and once he has closed upon his foes there are few who can stand against him. His long limbs and blurring speed with the weapon turn him into a cyclone of edged metal, that can sweep into a group of enemies and send body parts flying. He wears extra armor, especially on his chest, and treats it to help it resist energy weapons. His breastplate is a scarred and tattered object, having absorbed many blasts over his career. Likewise, Ul'th's chest is battered and scarred, from the many blasts that have leaked through his armor, yet thus far none have managed to kill him.

Ul'th is knowledgable and skilled with explosives, often using his ability to get through locked doors or seal off passages to contain and restrict his foe's movements. His handiwork has also seen a fair share of ships blown to pieces.

Without his Klingon temper, Ul'th is fairly mindful of the situation while in battle, staying level headed and observent. His tactical sense is not the greatest, but he is often more able to make snap judgements then his more emotional comrades.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

awsome...so is he bound for a Klingon ship or the Battle Carrier, and in that case what would his specialty be?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I like that back story.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

A Klingon with flattening of affect, and who can't shoot. I love it. :lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

great character Lighthawk.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Lt. Staplic wrote:awsome...so is he bound for a Klingon ship or the Battle Carrier, and in that case what would his specialty be?
Battle cruiser if that's alright, and close combat and demolitions are his areas of expertise.

I'm almost caught up reading through the RP at this point. Should I just jump in when it feels right, or wait for the GM to set up an intro for my guy?

And thanks all, glad you guys like him :)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

You can probably just post without waiting - his assignment to the battlecruiser or something like that.
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

yes you can just jump in, that's what he told me to do when I joined....

did the Klingons/Rommies bring their own Marines? I didn't know we'd covered anything like that.