Captain Janeway's worst command decisions

Voyager
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Captain Janeway's worst command decisions

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Lets have a top ten list-10 being the least worst, 1 being the absolute worse. For sake of arguement-her destroying the Array isn't valid.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Captain Janeway's worst command decisions

Post by Captain Seafort »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:For sake of arguement-her destroying the Array isn't valid.
Why? That was one of her worse bog-ups, quite possibly the worst, as without that one she wouldn't have had an opportunity to make any of the others.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:For sake of arguement-her destroying the Array isn't valid.
Why? That was one of her worse bog-ups, quite possibly the worst, as without that one she wouldn't have had an opportunity to make any of the others.
Because of the reasons of doing it, that's why. There are a lot more worse command decisions.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:Because of the reasons of doing it, that's why.
The decision to destroy the array, while questionable, was by no means the worst aspect of Janeway's actions there - the far worse stupidity was her failure to use a timer to allow Voyager to get home before the array was destroyed.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed. Not understanding the concept of a timer is by far her worst screw-up.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

She didn't have the time to figure out how to use the array before the Kazon showed up
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:She didn't have the time to figure out how to use the array before the Kazon showed up
Tuvok had already figured it out - it would simply take time to activate.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Really, the way the writers wrote that scene they knocked out any possibility of making an excuse for her.
They had already asked the Caretaker to send them back, so they obviously weren't worried about using it.
Tuvok had figured out how to use it, so the whole "they can't figure out how" angle is out the window.

Really, there's no excuse for her actions here other than pure stupidity.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:She didn't have the time to figure out how to use the array before the Kazon showed up
Tuvok had already figured it out - it would simply take time to activate.
Did he? Well, still if the Kazon where closing in they may not have had time to activate it. It would be best to blow it up and run before the Kazon were in weapons range rather then hope the array sends you home before the Kazon are right on top of you.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They had plenty of time. The major Kazon presence in the system had already been defeated. The others were some time away.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

How about any one of the multiple times that she was told, "Don't go through that space - the residents are territorial, and have a habit of attacking people who enter," whereupon she said, "I have a scout ship - not a battleship - so let's just fly right through."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Those are all good guys but I think that accepting her promotion to Captain is tops.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Not just scooping up the Ferengi, right off of that planet and going home through the wormhole. She could have delt with them later.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Those are all good guys but I think that accepting her promotion to Captain is tops.
Good one. :D
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Those are all good guys but I think that accepting her promotion to Captain is tops.

Actually, I can't fault her for accepting it - the blame for that lies with the brass who offered it to her.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer