Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Ep Discussion: SG1 1.14 "Cor-ai"

Post by Varthikes »

Stargate: SG-1
"Cor-ai"

Here, we find SG1 coming to a planet where Teal'c is personally recognized and prosecuted for what he had done as First Prime of Apophis. We get a glimpse into Teal'c's character and the guilt he's carrying for the many horrible things he was forced to do. I believe Season 5's "Threshold" also comes into play in the flashback sequence where Teal'c is ordered to kill one of the villages in cold blood and hesitates.

One of my favorite moments: when Hammond tells O'Neill the US does not interfere with another's internal affairs, Jack responds: "Since when, sir?" That was great! :D
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: Ep Discussion: SG1 1.14 "Cor-ai"

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

One of my favorite moments: when Hammond tells O'Neill the US does not interfere with another's internal affairs, Jack responds: "Since when, sir?" That was great!
I love that moment. Reminds you of how the SGC is part of the 'real' government rather then some idealistic version of it to make us pure good guys.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ep Discussion: SG1 1.14 "Cor-ai"

Post by Deepcrush »

I really like Jack talking about how they are supposed to be the good guys but "I've done some damn evil things" came out of his mouth. You see a human, not an actor. Anderson was great to watch for that reason. You get to see that look often enough, though most actors will never be able to carry it to screen.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu