The Xindi Paradox

Enterprise
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: The Xindi Paradox

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:
First season Red Dwarf was okay. the rest slowly degraded into sh*tness in my opinion.
The only season I would consider even remotely poor was Eight. And that's mostly due to Chloe Annett's portrayl of Kochanski.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote: Munro. i'm 13. i didnt start computer gaming until earliest 2002. probably 03-04
Ah alright. I'm only ten years older. I played games that came out when I was born because of a slightly older brother and Nintendo's long life span but nothing really before 85. Anything older than that like Galaga I've caught off free internet sites or at old restraunts. You should try some games prior to 02. Rochey mentioned Halflife and believe me some amazing mods exist. I especially love the Time Traveler one. Its all in German and poorly translated English but especially the third episode is just amazing. In one game you go to 2100, 1891, 800000, 5billion, 20billion, 1914 France, and a place without Time. Then there's They Hunger which is still the scariest and best zombie game ever despite its dated Graphics. Lot of good things in the original Half Life. Also Star Craft, Age of Empires, the C&Cs, Jedi Knight, Descent. All great games from your toddler age that just rock.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Monroe wrote:
Reliant121 wrote: Munro. i'm 13. i didnt start computer gaming until earliest 2002. probably 03-04
Ah alright. I'm only ten years older.

"Only" almost twice his age. :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Monroe wrote:

Hell, I'm about 8 years past twice the kids age :cry:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Monroe wrote:

pfft ten years isn't bad. My best friend is 11 years older than me.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:They may have become isolationists for a few hundred years and then joined the federation just before that major battle against the sphere builders with the E-J. And maybe that was an alternate timeline and now with the NX-01 changing history like that the Xindi in the 'proper' timeline never became a major power again. Having your homeworld blown up can have that effect on a species.(2 Cookies for knowing the obscure reference)
So you agree then that the reseting of the timeline would likely wipe out much of what happened...
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

KuvahMagh wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:They may have become isolationists for a few hundred years and then joined the federation just before that major battle against the sphere builders with the E-J. And maybe that was an alternate timeline and now with the NX-01 changing history like that the Xindi in the 'proper' timeline never became a major power again. Having your homeworld blown up can have that effect on a species.(2 Cookies for knowing the obscure reference)
So you agree then that the reseting of the timeline would likely wipe out much of what happened...
No, I'm saying the NX-01 changed the timeline to become what we know, rather the the E-J fighting in a battle with the sphere builders. After all, with the destruction of the spheres the sphere builders wouldn't be a problem in the future.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
KuvahMagh wrote:
No, I'm saying the NX-01 changed the timeline to become what we know, rather the the E-J fighting in a battle with the sphere builders. After all, with the destruction of the spheres the sphere builders wouldn't be a problem in the future.
Yet a similar situation would not occur after the Space Nazis were destroyed and the timeline "corrected itself" in Deniel's words...
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Seafort wrote:

And I'm over twice his age, what an odd feeling.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:

And I'm over twice his age, what an odd feeling.
It's not so odd. Now we know how everyone felt talking to us as teenagers. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote: It's not so odd. Now we know how everyone felt talking to us as teenagers. :)
I'd ask if we were as bad but I already know the answer.;)
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

And I used to give them crap about their age too. So, I guess turnabout is fairplay. :lol:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Perhaps we should start a thread for geezers like us, where we talk about how awesome Robotron 2020 or Master Blaster were the first time we played them, and use it as a reference point for the younger members. :lol:

On a related note, I'm thinking about talking my mom into joining the forum. She remembers life before Pong! :shock:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Perhaps we should start a thread for geezers like us, where we talk about how awesome Robotron 2020 or Master Blaster were the first time we played them, and use it as a reference point for the younger members. :lol:

On a related note, I'm thinking about talking my mom into joining the forum. She remembers life before Pong! :shock:
Huh??? There was life BEFORE Pong??????? Oh, you mean........PINBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

KuvahMagh wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
KuvahMagh wrote:
Yet a similar situation would not occur after the Space Nazis were destroyed and the timeline "corrected itself" in Deniel's words...
I think the 'corrected itself' statement was refering to the damage done by the Space Nazis. Which reminds me, does anyone remember what they were called?