Mirror The Next Generation

The Next Generation
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Mirror The Next Generation

Post by Mark »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:And pumping out capital ships like the Galaxy-class a dime a dozen. I mean, Federation originally orders 12, the original order for the Terran Empire would have to be 150.
Where such ships as the Oberth, Nova, and Olympic classes never exist. Connies are tricked out with Quantum Torpedos, Mirandas and Excelsiors equiped with heavy phaser arrays, and a ship not taken out of service till it's destroyed or falls apart, (kind of like the Klingons). With a mainstay of Soverigns, Defiants, and Prommies with some even more nasty "carriers"
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Dark Mirror is one of the better Trek books I've ever read.

Picard was a nasty, nasty figure. We don't actually see him much, but he was basically one of the cruellest men alive. Our Picard reads his service record at one point; every mission was the same as our universe, except that Picard resolved it by basically slaughtering everyone in sight.

Troi walked around in a revealing outfit, and was the ship's political officer and chief torturer. She was in charge of the agony booths. She also had a good deal more telepathic ability than our Troi, which she used to mind rape everyone she could whenever it took her fancy.

Wesley was much the same. :) Nah, not really. Oh, but Picard murdered his father though.

Beverly was the Captain's woman; Picard killed her husband to get her. He took every opportunity to remind her of that fact.

No Data.

The Enterprise was armed to kingdom come and back. Few science labs, no diplomatic facilities. Just weapons upon weapons upon weapons.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

There is a used book store right next to my job. I'm going to have to go and pick up another copy. Was really a good book.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Another book for my "to read" list.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Would like to have seen that universe evolve over the DS9 and movie years. Picard the sociopath given command of the E-E would have been awsome.
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

Diane Duane wrote a good book called Dark Mirror which was about the TNG gang running into their evil counterparts.

Speaking of the Mirror Universe, this artist has some pretty cool MU designed ships at his Deviant Art site:

http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

katefan wrote:Diane Duane wrote a good book called Dark Mirror which was about the TNG gang running into their evil counterparts.
Would that be the same Dark Mirror that's been discussed here for two pages? :wink:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:
Would that be the same Dark Mirror that's been discussed here for two pages? :wink:
No we're discussing another Dark Mirror, it's tinted.
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

Oh, I thought we were discussing an entirely different Dark Mirror. ;)

Seriously, I misread a post and thought there was another Mirror/Mirror book I had not heard of.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Maybe there is. I'd just be surprised to see two different books from the same franchise with the same title.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I keep meaning to drop by my library to see if they have Dark Mirror in. I'll have to do that tomorrow.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mark wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:The Entire ALpha Quadrant and most of the Beta Quadrant could be conquered by Mirror TNG time. I see the Terran Empire becoming like the Galactic Empire.
Likely making a foothold in the Delta and Gamma Quadrents as well, if the Borg are now "isolationists" and the Dominion "peaceful". Could come to rule most of our galaxy, I have to agree. Oh, I forgot about the Telaxian Empire and the Ocampan Conglomerate :teacher:
Headed by Warrior Queen Kes the Ancient One and Dark General Neelix. ;)
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Mark wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:The Entire ALpha Quadrant and most of the Beta Quadrant could be conquered by Mirror TNG time. I see the Terran Empire becoming like the Galactic Empire.
Likely making a foothold in the Delta and Gamma Quadrents as well, if the Borg are now "isolationists" and the Dominion "peaceful". Could come to rule most of our galaxy, I have to agree. Oh, I forgot about the Telaxian Empire and the Ocampan Conglomerate :teacher:
Headed by Warrior Queen Kes the Ancient One and Dark General Neelix. ;)
:::clicks heels together and gives romulan salute::: All hail there hine-a$$-es! (sorry, just couldn't resist :lol: )
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Maybe Soong was forced to apply his skills elsewhere. Maybe he designed an army of deadly, emotionless androids. And *DUN-DUN-DUN* these androids could sneeze!
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

schizo-hal wrote:Maybe Soong was forced to apply his skills elsewhere. Maybe he designed an army of deadly, emotionless androids. And *DUN-DUN-DUN* these androids could sneeze!
And use contractions