After they got back

Voyager
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

After they got back

Post by Mark »

Preface-I know that a two part book series "Homecoming" visited this once, but since that was created to be an adventure, (and it's not cannon) I'm curious as to everybody's educated guesses. What do you all think happened to the crew of Voyager?

My thoughts

We know that Janeway got herself promoted to Admiral, although I have no idea how. The Voyager adventure would have MAYBE got her a one pip admirals job, but didn't she have three pips in ST Nemisis?

For some reason, I've always believed that Paris and Chakotay would be offered their commissions back if they wanted them.

I see Harry as FINALLY getting his promotion to LtJg, shortly followed by another to Lt and being assigned to Starfleet R & D to study Voyager's new futuristic tech.

Tuvok declines another deep space assignment for a while, and perhaps goes back to teaching for a few years, before getting assigned as a first officer somewhere

Torres, having never actually graduated the acadamy doesn't get offered a commission, but instead is offered a consuling job at somewhere like Utopia Planita, where she can raise her and Tom's daughter.

Seven of Nine, after a VERY INTENSE debriefing, I could see accepting a position as at an independant science research facility or even at the Vulcan Science Acadamy (I can see her fitting in there quite well)

As for the Doctor........he goes where all doctors go after their shows end, Starfleet Medical.

I'd love to hear everybody else's opinions.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: After they got back

Post by Teaos »

I'd be interested to see how people treat 7o9. There is a lot of Borg hate going around. But I could see her being hidden away in a reserch lab somewhere.

The Doctor would fight for hologram rights.

I doubt Chakotay would rejoin starfleet, he'd go back to the Maqui planets and help out there.

The rest would just move on.

Oh and my opinion is Janeway was promoted for PR reasons. The public would be impressed she got back and crippled the Borg and they wouldnt know about all the stuff she did.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:
Oh and my opinion is Janeway was promoted for PR reasons. The public would be impressed she got back and crippled the Borg and they wouldnt know about all the stuff she did.
I see three possible options:

1. She sucked her way to the rank (probably her buddy Paris)

2. PR promotion

3. Promoted to remove her from the field

Any of these make far more sense than on actual merit.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Chakotay: Executed for being a Maquis.
Paris: Executed for being an escaped convict.
Torres: Executed for being a Maquis.
Seven: Executed for being a Borg.
Doctor: Deleted for being a Mark 1 EMH.
Tuvok: Fired for being on Voyager.
Janeway: Promoted to Admiral for selling her body to Starfleet Command.
Neelix: Assimilated when searching for Voyager.
Kes: Doesn't exist due to quantum 47.
Kim: Fired for being an annoying ensign who nobody likes.
Ensign Wildman: spaced by Janeway.
Naomi Wildman: Brainwashed by Janeway into her personal slave.
Ayala: Not noticed so gets off without a hitch.
Voyager: Scuttled for no reason.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

JudgeKing wrote:Chakotay: Executed for being a Maquis.
Its nice to know that other people out there can be almost as evil as me.... almost... :happydevil:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

JudgeKing wrote:Chakotay: Executed for being a Maquis.
Icheb: Given to the care of the EMH mark II (Andy Dick always wanted a pretty boy like him, I'm sure.)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Janeway : Promoted, as we know. I like to think that the brass had a quiet talk and said "We obviously can't let her stay in command of a ship, the woman is crazed. But think of the publicity if we court martial her right after she gets back from being so badly lost, and inflicting a huge defeat on the Borg to boot. Let's promote her to a desk job where she's safely tucked away at Earth out of harm's way." And there she'll stay, I imagine.

Chakotay : I think charges will be dropped against the Maquis, an amnesty announced. The cause they fought for is meaningless now. However, I can't see Chakotay staying with Starfleet. He'll return home and help rebuild whatever is left of it in the aftermath of the war.

Tom Paris : Will be offered a job at Starfleet R&D, designing and test flying shuttles and other support craft. He'll bring Delta Flyer design techniques and technology to Starfleet, producing a new generation of kick ass designs.

B'Elanna : She'll stay with Tom, possibly working as a civilian contractor.

EMH : Will remain with Voyager. He'll introduce the Federation to a number of alien medical techniques picked up in the DQ; not exactly revolutionising medicine, but certainly making a big contribution. He will also continue working towards greater freedom and respect for holographic life forms through the Federation legal system. In a couple of hundred years, Voyager's EMH will be looked on by much of the Federation as a Martin Luther King figure.

Tuvok : Takes a hiatus from Starfleet to spend time on Vulcan. After a year or two, he returns to the fleet and is offered a First Officer spot on a Starship.

Harry : Promoted to Lieutenant (it was absurd, unjustified and entirely pointless to keep Harry an Ensign for the whole of Voyager.) Harry gets a starship posting somewhere as an operations officer. I think he's promoted again quickly; he functioned as a department head on Voyager, so I think he'll quickly be back to that spot. And then he'll gradually make his way up to Captain.

Seven of Nine : Seven could give the Federation technology that would utterly revolutionise it. Better power systems... transwarp drive... you name it. However, I think she will be somewhat reluctant to do so. Ultimately I suspect she'll take a job where she can use her knowledge without altering the balance of power in the quadrant.

Voyager : Spends four to six months in spacedock being refitted before being returned to duty. A lot of the crew choose to stay for the refit and beyond. Voyager stays in service for a good long time.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They could turn Voyager into a Museum. Fill it full of holograms of all the stuff they saw in the DQ. Good PR for Starfleet, after the war it would be a good way to show they are still explorers.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's a pretty interesting idea, Teaos. I imagine there'd be loads of people who's want to go look at stuff like that.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I can't see them making a museum out of a ship as modern as an Intrepid. No doubt something like that might happen when she does eventually retire, but I can't see them grounding a seven year old ship for PR purposes.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah, I dont' think they need better PR that badly.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They just fought a bloody war, they need PR.

katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Janeway : Promoted, as we know. I like to think that the brass had a quiet talk and said "We obviously can't let her stay in command of a ship, the woman is crazed. But think of the publicity if we court martial her right after she gets back from being so badly lost, and inflicting a huge defeat on the Borg to boot. Let's promote her to a desk job where she's safely tucked away at Earth out of harm's way." And there she'll stay, I imagine.

Chakotay : I think charges will be dropped against the Maquis, an amnesty announced. The cause they fought for is meaningless now. However, I can't see Chakotay staying with Starfleet. He'll return home and help rebuild whatever is left of it in the aftermath of the war.

Tom Paris : Will be offered a job at Starfleet R&D, designing and test flying shuttles and other support craft. He'll bring Delta Flyer design techniques and technology to Starfleet, producing a new generation of kick ass designs.

B'Elanna : She'll stay with Tom, possibly working as a civilian contractor.

EMH : Will remain with Voyager. He'll introduce the Federation to a number of alien medical techniques picked up in the DQ; not exactly revolutionising medicine, but certainly making a big contribution. He will also continue working towards greater freedom and respect for holographic life forms through the Federation legal system. In a couple of hundred years, Voyager's EMH will be looked on by much of the Federation as a Martin Luther King figure.

Tuvok : Takes a hiatus from Starfleet to spend time on Vulcan. After a year or two, he returns to the fleet and is offered a First Officer spot on a Starship.

Harry : Promoted to Lieutenant (it was absurd, unjustified and entirely pointless to keep Harry an Ensign for the whole of Voyager.) Harry gets a starship posting somewhere as an operations officer. I think he's promoted again quickly; he functioned as a department head on Voyager, so I think he'll quickly be back to that spot. And then he'll gradually make his way up to Captain.

Seven of Nine : Seven could give the Federation technology that would utterly revolutionise it. Better power systems... transwarp drive... you name it. However, I think she will be somewhat reluctant to do so. Ultimately I suspect she'll take a job where she can use her knowledge without altering the balance of power in the quadrant.

Voyager : Spends four to six months in spacedock being refitted before being returned to duty. A lot of the crew choose to stay for the refit and beyond. Voyager stays in service for a good long time.
Those all make pretty good sense, although realistically I think Starfleet would be reluctant to let 38 of D go anywhere untended. A former long term member of The Collective, she might be seen as a security risk.

I also agree that Harry remaining an ensign for seven years(!) was moronic. But Berman and Braga did it to Hoshi on Enterprise, keeping her an ensign to the end of the series when they jumped three years. I truly think that neither man knows anything at all about how a modern military works in terms of promotions. Just look at the stupidity of how T'Pol was handled during Enterprise's run; she gets a Starfleet commission but gets to keep running around in her own cute little outfits? What? She takes command of Enterprise in the first episode when she is just an advisor? What what?!

At least when Roddenberry was running things he used his own military background to at least give 'Trek a semblance of legitimacy. Heck, even DS9 made sense.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I would imagin Seven would hang around Janeway or Chakotay thus have the freedom she'd want.

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

GrahamKennedy wrote:EMH : Will remain with Voyager. He'll introduce the Federation to a number of alien medical techniques picked up in the DQ; not exactly revolutionising medicine, but certainly making a big contribution. He will also continue working towards greater freedom and respect for holographic life forms through the Federation legal system. In a couple of hundred years, Voyager's EMH will be looked on by much of the Federation as a Martin Luther King figure.
I sure hope not. I think the whole holographic rights thing is retarded. I made a post about this awhile ago but where's the line going to be if you start making projections living things.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-