Borg VS the Phase Pistol

Enterprise
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Borg VS the Phase Pistol

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:Depends... did the Scots just come from a football match? If so, the Borg have no chance in hell.
Either that or it's an easy Borg victory - nobody's going to win a fight, even against the Space Zombies, if they're paralytic.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mikey wrote:Depends... did the Scots just come from a football match? If so, the Borg have no chance in hell.
Either that or it's an easy Borg victory - nobody's going to win a fight, even against the Space Zombies, if they're paralytic.
:lol:
Good point. I guess I assumed that if the Scots were there to face the Borg, we'd be talking only about the Scots who were able to walk away from the match.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Crazy italian football fans where AC Milan lost their match, and the borg were in the way of the opposing teams fans? :P
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Even worse: British soccer hooligans. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:Even worse: British soccer hooligans. :P
Are they worse than the Scottish ones?
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:
Are they worse than the Scottish ones?
Only if your afraid of blue face paint...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If I remember correctly, the English soccer fans were banned from Italy a few years ago.
So, yes, I'd say they're worse.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

All English teams were banned from Europe in the late 80s, but I don't recall anything specific to Italy, or more recent than that. When was it and what was the cause?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey - do you refer to it as soccer, or are you using the term for the benefit of us Americans?
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Seafort: That might be what I'm thinking of. I know there was something about bans going into place due to the English fans. Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else.

Mikey: I usualy call it football. I'm just making it clear what sport I'm reffering to here.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

OK. That's why I used the term "football."
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:Seafort: That might be what I'm thinking of. I know there was something about bans going into place due to the English fans. Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else.
The one I'm referring to was after the Heysel disaster in 1985 - short version is that it was a European Cup match between Liverpool and Juventus. The Juventus supporters amused themselves by chucking bits of stadium at the Liverpool supporters, who eventually charged them - a wall collapsed and about 40 Juventus supporters died. Repercussions were inevitable after something like that, although given the events I fail to see why all English clubs were banned, or why a similar punishment wasn't issued to Juventus (or all Italian clubs for that matter).
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's a bit biased. :?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Because Brits were involved. Its always the big guy who gets blamed for anything. I figured you would have guessed this by now? :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

The main reason the vast bulk of the blame got pinned on Liverpool was because most of the deaths were caused when the wall collapsed - and that certainly was the fault of the Liverpool lot. The fact that they'd been pelted with chairs, poles, bits of concrete, etc, seemed to fly way over UEFA's head, and why they went and banned all English teams for the single event is anyone's guess. In a fair world Liverpool and Juventus would both have served bans, not an entire country.