The year 200,000 AD

Everything else
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

The year 200,000 AD

Post by Monroe »

So I was watching Dr. Who and they so have in my watching have visited the 2000th Century twice. And I got to thinking...

...what would the universe be like for humanity in 200k
...what would the Trek universe be like for Stat Trek in 200k
...what would the universe be like for Babylon 5 in 200k.
...what would the universe be like for Star Wars 200k ABY.
...what would the universe be like for Warhammer 40k... in 200k?

For humanity I think by then there would be several subsets of humans. Depending on genetic engineering, which could keep humans the same really, humans will have adapted to many different planets, evolving naturally, selected breeding, or genetic engineering. Desert, tundra, water, all will have their own race of man.
By then humans will have extended beyond Earth with or without FTL travel. Its just an evenutallity I think. Alien races will be so different in technology level god-like beings with infiniate tech will be next door to beings a few hundred years ahead of humans. Unlike Sci-Fi the real world would, by common sense, have species millions or even a billion years more advanced in the same area as races only a few hundred years into space flight.

For Trek I would say that the Federation is long gone. In ENT they hinted that it doesn't survive the 31st century. I would suspect that other organizations have come and gone since then and humans would have evolved into noncorporeal beings. The races that the shows do one episode stops at that are a primitive society will be the leaders of the pact running things in the Milky Way with humanity at Q level.

I don't know enough about B5.

Star Wars I think will be basically the same :P It has the uncanny ability to hardly progress technologically. I bet the GFFA (Galaxy Far Far Away) will have colonized other parts of space as Hyperspace continues to improve in practicality. The Bith will still be around as will the humans but many other species will have died out. There will still be the occational mad man that could control the Galaxy or invading armies from lost clusters or Galaxies.
The Force will be balanced by then. In the meantime dozens of Dark Side Empires and uprisings happened but for the most part the Grey Side of the Force will rule. The Skywalker name only a legend with things such as the GFFA (Galactic Federation of Free Alliances) and other things from the current era. There might not even be Jedi anymore.

For Warhammer 40k I see that they would have to change their name to Warhammer 200k :P That aside it seems the current trend is Tau superiority. The Necron are still in the mix but might be asleep. So they're either hiding or a great Tau-Necron war. Or perhaps Necron have already won. Humanity like the Eldar are has beens since the current trend seems to be against humanity.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: The year 200,000 AD

Post by Aaron »

For WH40K: in order for the Tau to become anything more than a regional power, they need navigators and psykers. With their current method of warp travel (they are limited to short hops that skim the Warp, cause they don't have navigators) they will never be able to expand enough to threaten the Imperium. At best they'll extend beyond their ability to communicate (they have no FTL comms) and eventually the fringes of the Empire will get nibbled away.

Honestly the only reason they escaped destruction in the Damolces Gulf Crusade was the appearance of the 'Nids (otherwise known as writers fiat).

For the Imperium to ever fall it's going to take a large amount of Dues Ex Machina (again writers fiat), because even if the Tau overcome their psyker limitations, when they get large enough to be a real nuisance the Segmentum Battlefleet is going to curbstomp then.

Mind you (OOU) this is all dependent on what races models are selling the least.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I don't think any of those fictional franchises would exist in 200,000 AD. :P
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mikey wrote:I don't think any of those fictional franchises would exist in 200,000 AD. :P

Oh come now, where's the fun in that?

Kendall even if the Imperium falls Space Marines would still be a playable race. Just like the Eldar who lost their Empire but are still a threat and active in Warhammer.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote: ...with humanity at Q level...
I've always thought, with the Q ability to traverse, and alter time, they might in fact be humans from some distant future. It would explain their apparent fascination with us.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Monroe wrote: ...with humanity at Q level...
I've always thought, with the Q ability to traverse, and alter time, they might in fact be humans from some distant future. It would explain their apparent fascination with us.
That's actually a great idea. I woudn't be surprised.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:I don't think any of those fictional franchises would exist in 200,000 AD. :P
Haha, GW barely made it to the 2nd millenium!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Haha, GW barely made it to the 2nd millenium!
:D

But if they DO survive, I'd guess they'd be on the 1,694,321,467,368th rulebook by then.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

...what would the universe be like for Warhammer 40k... in 200k?
The C'tan and their Necrontyr minions rule the universe once more.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"