Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Episode Discussion: SG1 1.06 "Brief Candle"

Post by Varthikes »

Stargate: SG-1
"Brief Candle"

I thought Anderson did a great job playing an aged O'Neill with all of his usual dry humor. "Come on, Carter, let's not keep the elderly waiting. It's rude."

As for those people... They seem rather... What's the word... Gullible? They seem to accept what Jack says about their "god" rather too easily.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Episode Discussion: SG1 1.06 "Brief Candle"

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, noticed that myself.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Episode Discussion: SG1 1.06 "Brief Candle"

Post by Monroe »

But on the other hand guilable would have to be the word of a race that has to learn everything in such a short amount of time. They probably see natural to take whatever is said as fact. They can speak a full language after ten days after all.

I really like the line in the show where the Colonel's chick asks him if he'll remember her and he says for thousands and thousands of days and she says, "That's almost forever." I couldn't help but laugh and thought that was very sweet.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-