Under which Captain would you rather serve?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Under which Captain would you rather serve?

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:and i have not said that. I am demanding some bloody respect. In my mind, swearing at me and sarcasm "Its called humour" (i know what it frigging is) is demeaning, and is breaching respect. If you dont respect me or my opinion, dont talk to me. If you do, show it.
Respect is earned, not given. I grant you a certain amount of respect for your actions here on the forum, that does not mean I have to treat your views as a sacred cow. So far I have seen little in your posts to indicate you even know what a relationship consists of, let alone have any experiance with which to back up your opinion.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

so your "certain" amount of respect exludes being civil does it? your choice.

and you have absolutely no right to comment on my Relationship experience/status, past/present or future.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:
I'd interpret that as a no respect type thing.
Perhaps, if that was the only interaction between him and I that you ever saw.

But say you're in the same class as that kid and you see that I do have a good respect for him and call him by his name most of the time. If I then said to him something like "good work, kid" would you deduce that my earlier actions are irrelevant and that I really have no respect for him at all?
I'd say that you think you respect the kid but subconsciously you don't respect him for one reason or another, or maybe just dislike him. I'd have to make a more thorough analysis of the actual relationship to the kid to make a more thorough analysis.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'll ask you the same question I did of Reliant:
Have you ever adressed a male friend as "man" or "that guy"?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:so your "certain" amount of respect exludes being civil does it? your choice.
I see no reason to treat you any different than I do anyone else.
and you have absolutely no right to comment on my Relationship experience/status, past/present or future.
That's nonsense, if your not basing your opinion on your own experiance than what are you basing all this on, movies, books, sitcoms?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:I'll ask you the same question I did of Reliant:
Uh oh, I address my best friend as "man" and he calls me "dude"! We're sexist against our own gender!

THIS IS MADNESS!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:so your "certain" amount of respect exludes being civil does it? your choice.
I see no reason to treat you any different than I do anyone else.
That is your choice. but i do not agree with your methods. my opinion.
That's nonsense, if your not basing your opinion on your own experiance than what are you basing all this on, movies, books, sitcoms?
Family, friends families. Yes i've never been married. But i have been in a relationship. No it wasnt intimate or on the same levels as yours, but it was a relationship all the same.

Nonsense? Frankly, i dont want you talking negatively about my partners, or lack there of.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:I'll ask you the same question I did of Reliant:
Nope. If I refer to someone as "man" or "that guy" it means I don't really consider him as anything more then a casual acquaintance
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:
Family, friends families. Yes i've never been married. But i have been in a relationship. No it wasnt intimate or on the same levels as yours, but it was a relationship all the same.
So you have no basis of comparison then. My father drives a front end loader, I guess that makes my impressions of how to drive one valid then...
Nonsense? Frankly, i dont want you talking negatively about my partners, or lack there of.
Why? You are attempting to convince me that your opinion is valid despite not having any comparable experiance. Do you tell the cable guy how to do his job because you saw a Jim Carey movie once?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Conceded.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nope. If I refer to someone as "man" or "that guy" it means I don't really consider him as anything more then a casual acquaintance
So you have no respect for these casual aquaintances?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:Conceded.
Thank you.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

To be brutally honest, i was arguing out of stubborn desperation. It needed to stop.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good on you for realising and admitting that.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:To be brutally honest, i was arguing out of stubborn desperation. It needed to stop.
Good on you for recognising that. You asked about respect, you just earned a shitload right now.