What Would YOU Do?

Voyager
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

What Would YOU Do?

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

If you were captain of a ship in a similar situation to Voyager's? How far would you go to get home? Would you resort to bribery? Piracy? Violence?

Or, realizing the magnitude of your predicament, would you not make it such a priority to get home as soon as possible but rather comeaccept the fact that you may not see Earth again in your lifetime (absent the sort of "fortune" Voyager encountered)?

Would you even consider making a home for yourself in the DQ?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: What Would YOU Do?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd not blow up the Array.

Problem solved.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I'm with Rochey, that was a PD violation anyways. If that's unavoidable, I settle on the 37's planet. Maybe hire out Voyager to the 37's friends.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Assuming that you ARE, in fact, trapped for reasons beyond your control, folks :)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:Assuming that you ARE, in fact, trapped for reasons beyond your control, folks :)
Ally myself with the 37's, offer Voyager as a permanent system defense ship and raise a family.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, I'll go with spending the rest of my life on the paradise planet.
You know, the one that not a single member of the crew thought of staying on. :roll:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:Yeah, I'll go with spending the rest of my life on the paradise planet.
You know, the one that not a single member of the crew thought of staying on. :roll:
Janeway offered but they were all such good drones they didn't take it, even the fragging terrorists who hated the Federation!
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

By the time the ship actually does get home (without any deus es machina), nobody would remember Voyager and all family would be dead (save perhaps for some of the family of Vulcan crew members). What are you racing home to, exactly?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:By the time the ship actually does get home (without any deus es machina), nobody would remember Voyager and all family would be dead (save perhaps for some of the family of Vulcan crew members). What are you racing home to, exactly?
Janeway seemed pretty determined to see her fiance. I guess she really needed to get laid, seemed to abate when Seven showed up.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I agree with staying on the 37's planet. With Voyager's replicators, you could build a pretty awesome little pre-fab community. Eventually, build industrial replicators and start constructing patrol ships; use Voyager to go out and gather resources from nearby systems, and start a mini-Federation in the Delta Quadrant. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I agree with staying on the 37's planet. With Voyager's replicators, you could build a pretty awesome little pre-fab community. Eventually, build industrial replicators and start constructing patrol ships; use Voyager to go out and gather resources from nearby systems, and start a mini-Federation in the Delta Quadrant. :D
They wouldn't even have to leave the system for a good while, the asteroids and Ort cload should provide everything they need. They should do a few laps of the system with the warp drive to keep it running.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You wouldn't need to build a community there. There was already at least one large city on the planet. Supposedly it was beautiful and maginificent, but we never actualy got to see it due to them blowing the effects budget on a truck floating through space.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Janeway offered but they were all such good drones they didn't take it, even the fragging terrorists who hated the Federation!
To be fair to the crew, IIRC Janeway told them everyone who wanted to stay on the plnet should muster in the cargo bay to be signed off the ships books (or something). Given that this is Janeway we're talking about, would you take her up on an offer like that? Put in the crew's shoes, I wouldn't fancy my chances of leaving that cargo bay alive.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, they were probably worried they were going to end up thrown out into space, or something.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Seafort wrote:
To be fair to the crew, IIRC Janeway told them everyone who wanted to stay on the plnet should muster in the cargo bay to be signed off the ships books (or something). Given that this is Janeway we're talking about, would you take her up on an offer like that? Put in the crew's shoes, I wouldn't fancy my chances of leaving that cargo bay alive.
Yeah, being spaced wouldn't be a good way to go.