If you could make your own Star Trek series...

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: If you could make your own Star Trek series...

Post by Lt. Staplic »

It'd be strained but i could see it.
Romulans offer to help the Borg finally assimalate the humans, maybe even a few of their own people (political prisoners), in exchange, Romulans get terratorial claim over the Federation's space.

Though, they'd have to have some kind of fail safe to keep the borg from simply assimilating them to get their knowledge of fed defences. Kind of like how Janeway made the agreement with the Borg free passage in exchange for tech to help defeat species 8472
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The problem is that the Romulans have absolutely nothing to offer the Borg that the Borg couldn't simply take if they wanted to. Moreover, if the Borg did manage to assimilate the Federation that would give them a base of operations in the Alpha Quadrant that they would likely then expand out from to assimilate the other local powers - including the Romulan Star Empire.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

One word: Quantum
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Nah, the whole idea of Borg/Romulan is just crap. The Borg don't work with anyone unless they have too, and in this case they don't have to.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

If you think about it, the borg have hundreds if not thousands of cubes. If they were truly serious about invading the AQ, they'd send a large amount of their fleet. Nothing would stop such a large number in truth, or it'd take ALOT to do so.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Deepcrush wrote:Nah, the whole idea of Borg/Romulan is just crap. The Borg don't work with anyone unless they have too, and in this case they don't have to.
Which is why I don't like Shatner's book The Return.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I don't think it could seriosly happen either, unless the Romulans had something which is what a failed to get accoss in my above post. Even if the alliance was formed, it would be increadably tense as both sides would be looking for a way to cross the other.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The Borg dont make alliances. They backed out of the deal with Voyager the second they could.

The Borg wpuldnt help the Romulans. The Romulans wouldnt trust the Borg.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that's kind of what i'm saying.
The only difference is that i can see both sides agreeing in the beginning, thinking that they'd be able to pull the best double-cross and take it all for themselves.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'd wonder how the Romulans could ever think they could double cross the Borg...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well if you look cocky, arrogant, or overly self-assured up in a dictionary, there'll be a picture of a romulan there.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I thought that was the Chakat? :?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

they thought about it when they made the dictionary, but they, like us, didn't want him anywhere near their product.

Instead he's in the thesaurous for the phrase: beating-around-the-bush.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Borg only allied with Voyager because they were facing destruction. If they were winning the war, or even if 8472 was evenly matched with them, then they'd have blown VOY apart the moment they spotted it. They'd never be in such a situation against the AQ powers. As such, there'd be absolutely no reason to ally with the Romulans.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The Romulans may be cocky, but I don't think that they're stupid. The only possible benefit from allying with the Borg (assuming the Borg would even accept it) would be that they'd kill you last.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer