The Warp Taketh (WH40K/ST)

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

The Warp Taketh (WH40K/ST)

Post by Aaron »

The Immaterium flows through space, time and even dimensions. A home for unspeakable things and the resting place for the dark gods of the universe, formed from the raw emotions of all sentient beings. It is timeless and powerful beyond measure, only held in check by the light of the God-Emperor of Mankind. His champions, the Adeptus Astartes made from his very flesh, virtual demi-gods and functionally immortal roam the galaxy on quests to rid their Imperium of the influence of all who would oppose His light.

On a distant planet in the Reef Stars the Daemon Prince Lorgar turns his attention to a squad of Astartes being teleported to the planet. With a thought formed from boredom, malice or a simple desire to inconvienance those most pure in the Imperium, he subtely twists the teleport beam and redirects to another time, another place.

Dislocation, nausea, pain. The senses rolled through Brother Sgt. Helok as the teleporter began it's work. After what seemd like an age to him, there was a thunderclap of displaced air and he realised he was falling. Before he could recover enough to consult his visor display he impacted on a metal deck, the clangs of his battle brothers hitting the ground around him rolling off his auto senses.

Warning runes flashed on his retinal display, a full six of his brothers were down. For good. Recovering his wits, he staggered to his feet voxing to his remaining brothers to do the same. A cacophony of sound assualted his sensors, a warning alarm of some sort in a Xenos language. Red flashing strips on the wall beating time with the alarm. He saw what he took to be humans scattering around him and ducking into what were obviously shops and bars around the curved coridor.

As his brothers came to their senses he voxed the Apothecary to tend the fallen. Taking in what was obviously not the surface of Janus XXV, he heard the sound of marching feet approaching.

He turned to face the oncoming figures, voxing the squad to take up defensive postions in a circle around the fallen. At the head of the approaching mob of figures Helok picked out a tall dark-skinned Xenos in what looked like a bodyglove with grey shoulders and a red under shirt. Switching to his helmet speakers, his voice rolled over the deck. Deeper than possible for any standard human.

"Librarian, what do you make of this thing?"

Librarian Stravos, turned and let his senses reach out to the approaching figure. Frost started to coat the brothers gun-metal armour and made patterns on the near by shop windows.

"Abhuman Brother Sgt. And of the most foul kind, it is in command of these citizens."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Warp Taketh (WH40K/ST)

Post by Mikey »

ALWAYS happy to see the Iron Snakes in action! I am definitely looking forward to more. But why would they call ""Mr. S" (in case anyone hasn't figure id out) an abhuman?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:ALWAYS happy to see the Iron Snakes in action! I am definitely looking forward to more. But why would they call ""Mr. S" (in case anyone hasn't figure id out) an abhuman?
Think of the other dark skinned humanoid on DS9. ;)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Mikey wrote:ALWAYS happy to see the Iron Snakes in action! I am definitely looking forward to more. But why would they call ""Mr. S" (in case anyone hasn't figure id out) an abhuman?
Think of the other dark skinned humanoid on DS9. ;)
*slaps forehead* :oops:

Anyway, keep it coming! I can't wait to see him try to take on a battle-brother. :twisted:
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool, looking forward to some more. :)
Astartes on board DS9? Even the walls won't be enough for the Feds to hide behind. :twisted:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:
*slaps forehead* :oops:

Anyway, keep it coming! I can't wait to see him try to take on a battle-brother. :twisted:
I'm torn between ripping his arm off with a powerfist, incinerated by inferno pistol or forced to walk around like a toy soldier by the Librarian.
Cool, looking forward to some more. :)
Astartes on board DS9? Even the walls won't be enough for the Feds to hide behind. :twisted:
Unfortunately (or fortunately for the galaxy) there's only four of them. But yeah, Worf had better not do anything to stupid. Lest the population of DS9 ascend to join the Prophets.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Four Astartes vs. a Fed station? I'd say the Feds need to call for reinforcements.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Unfortunately (or fortunately for the galaxy) there's only four of them.
I'm reminded of that scene from Doctor Who.
"We are four million. How many are you?"
"Four."
"You would destroy us with four Daleks?"
"We would destroy you with one Dalek."

Just replace Dalek with Marine. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:
I'm reminded of that scene from Doctor Who.
"We are four million. How many are you?"
"Four."
"You would destroy us with four Daleks?"
"We would destroy you with one Dalek."

Just replace Dalek with Marine. :P
*Yoink* Stolen for the story.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Actually, that's pretty similar to the first story in Brothers of the Snake - when the DE are rampaging on the planet, and the clerk finds that the Snakes sent one junior battle-brother.

[quote=Brothers of the Snake]"You are alone?"
"Yes."
Antoni smiled and nodded. "I understand. The ship seemed so small. When do the other Snakes arrive?"
"What others?" replied the giant.[/quote]
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Helok took in the site of the dark abhuman, noticing that his head was grotesquely mishappen with ridges on his forehead. Giving him the appearance of a human who had a surf crab grafted onto his skull. A glance at the figures hand produced warning runes indicating a power source in one hand and refined metal in the other, shaped like a ceremonial blade. On further inspection, the troops behind him carried odd objects registering as weapons shaped like a board of wood with grips.

The abhuman stopped at a respectful distance and barked something at him, the alien language failing to make any sense to the Brother Sgt. "Brother Stravos, probe deeper."

The retinal temperature display dropped dramatically as the squads Librarian probed deeper into the freak's mind. He seemed rooted in place as his cadre of soldiers started to shiver and glance around nerviously, several dropping their odd weapons when they became to cold to hold.

"He is called a Klingon, Brother Sgt. A race of abhumans not dissimiliar to Ogyrns, though obviously lacking their physical advantages. He has a great capacity for hate and violence in him, though he subordinates himself to this facilities commander, who is elsewhere. His name is Worf." Finishing his probe, Stravos released Worf who sagged momentarily and then regained awareness of his soroundings.

Evidently outraged at the invasion of his mind, the Klingon let out a low growl and launched himself at Helok. Forgoing his odd hand weapon, he brought his blade to bear in a downstroke aimed at the Sgt's breatsplate.

Helok acted instantly, and far faster than the freaks ability to react to. Activating his powerfist, he easily blocked the primitive blade, shattering it on impact with the fist and throwing the Klingon back into his men with enough force to send them sprawling.

"Do not try that again Worf, unless you place no value on your life!" Helok rumbled, as the Klingon and his men picked themselves off the floor. Barking another unintelligable phrase, seemingly directed at no one, he and his men fell back to take cover behind various objects on the concourse. As they did so a vague field of light flickered around the Astartes and vanished.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

This started off promising and is getting better. :) Keep it up please.

Also: Worf vs a Space Marine. :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Now that I think of it, the Klingons are pretty similar to Ogryns: all brawn and no brain. Except without the brawn part.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:Now that I think of it, the Klingons are pretty similar to Ogryns: all brawn and no brain. Except without the brawn part.
Or the ability to keep fighting with half their head missing. However, some Klingons have been able to determine which end of a gun is the dangerous end.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So, about Ogryn average on the brainpower bit, then? :P