Borg queen

Voyager
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

How come there are two queens? One in First Contact and one in Voyager? Or did I misunderstand that.
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

My first post in this thread (on page one) explains my theory that the Borg Queen isn't actually the body we see. That body is simply a puppet being controlled by the Borg Collective mind, and it is this mind that is the Borg Queen.

In First Contact, the mind that was controlling the "puppet" was formed from having all the drones on the Enterprise E connected together. This happened when the Borg went back back in time and became isolated from the "present" Borg.

The Borg that stayed behind still formed a collective mind (there were millions of them, after all), and this enabled the Queen to survive. The Queen body "puppet" we saw in Voyager was controlled by this mind. This also explains how Voyager was able to destroy the Queen and she kept coming back - all Voyager was doing was destroying the puppet, while the mind behind it remained intact.

Anyway, as I said, this is just my theory, but it matches almost perfectly with what we see on the screen. There are no major inconsistancies with this theory and what we see, and I can only think of one minor inconsistancy.
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Ah oops, must have missed that post >.>
Be nice if Trek answered that in concrete someday.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I think they expect the viewer to gather for themselves that the queen respawns after the death of one. Infact I wouldn't be suprised if there are many queens at one time.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Teaos wrote:I think they expect the viewer to gather for themselves that the queen respawns after the death of one. Infact I wouldn't be suprised if there are many queens at one time.
I was never a fan of the multiple queen theory. My take on how the Collective is ordered would mean that there is only one intelligence that can be called the Queen. I won't argue that this intelligence could be controlling several queen "puppets" at the same time, but still, there would be only one intelligence behind it all, and thus technically only one Queen, even if there were several bodies.
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

That seems very possible.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Gerbsbrother
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Gerbsbrother »

I don't like the idea of a queen either, having a queen to me means that one person ( the Queen) is in control of the civilization this would mean that if she truly was queen than she would be the head of the Borg which is what it appears in many episodes in voyager inculding Unimatrix One where she orders the destruction of many borg vessels and the drones comply without hesitation.this would mean the borg aren't a collective but actually under control by one person, The Queen