Interesting Dreams Anyone?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Interesting Dreams Anyone?

Post by Varthikes »

Anyone have any interesting dreams recently, or had any some time ago that you still remember clearly? More or less?

I've been writing a story lately set on a world called Draconia (not the one I've been posting in the Writer's Sub-forum, but it's apart of the same series). Audwin McClance is one of the main characters.

I starred in the dream as him. I found myself in the customs area on Babylon 5 meeting a delegation of eight-foot-tall aliens. I greeted them just the character in my story would. But, I welcomed them to Draconia even though I was in B5 surroundings.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Last night was an odd take on the PC classic game DOOM. Except I was being hunted by members of my fraternity, and the "level" was a combination of the high school I teach at, and my retail job. Fun stuff.

I have dreams that have bits and pieces of Trek in them often enough. In fact, since Star Trek VI, I have always dreamed about what the movie is going to be like, starting about 2 or 3 months before it comes out. Never fails. Actually, I vividly remember the Star Trek VI one, despite it being 16 years ago.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

A weird Trek-related dream I had years ago. It started with Riker and Worf running around the Enterprise trying to find the bathroom. Along the way, they stumble into the transporter room where O'Brien is using the transporter to create clone of the crew. When Picard learned of this, he was shocked O'Brien would do such a thing and sent him to DS9.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

I had a dream I was fired from my job, then woke up and it really happened.

Wait, this was just yesterday...
Dean Martlou
Master chief petty officer
Master chief petty officer

Post by Dean Martlou »

time traveling Lego-dude, WTF!
i went into the past as a Lego figure, a well exploded outside a very clinical-looking schoolbuilding full of cavemen, and there was a golf cart in it.

biz-arre, needs more Legos.
Oops.

I shouldn't have told you that last part.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

I remember another dream I had a few years back where Captain Archer was put in a mental institute. He tried to escape, but Reed had his security take him back.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I have never had the capability, for good or ill, of remembering anything of my dreams save the general tone - pleasant, scary, sexy, etc.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Lucid dreaming is the best. When you know you're dreaming and can do whatever you want - I've become quite good at them now. There's a secret to it; I always look at my watch if I think I'm dreaming. If I look again a second later, the time will always be different if I'm dreaming. The only time I don't like lucid dreaming is when you can't wake up from them, it's quite scary, actually.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:Lucid dreaming is the best. When you know you're dreaming and can do whatever you want - I've become quite good at them now. There's a secret to it; I always look at my watch if I think I'm dreaming. If I look again a second later, the time will always be different if I'm dreaming. The only time I don't like lucid dreaming is when you can't wake up from them, it's quite scary, actually.
I nearly always have lucid dreams; sometimes I'll even pick up in the same weird locale from a previous dream, and people will recognize me. Even though I'm capable of some pretty amazing things in my dreams (I've become quite expert at flying at supersonic speeds away from anything I can't hurl a car at or crush to death with my bare hands), most of my dreams would be considered 'nightmares' by normal people.

I wake up covered in sweat a lot, and I've woken up screaming more than a few times (my exes loved that). After awhile, you just become desenitized to most horrific things, like punching someone's head into the pavement so hard it splits like a pumpkin and you're just hitting the ground, or creatures more terrifying than any movie-monster I've ever seen.

Oh, and you can learn to wake yourself up, with effort and practice.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I don't remember picking up a previous locale and people recognising me in my dreams - but I do enjoy the feeling of power you have. You just really 'will' something to happen and it does. I've had trouble going at very fast speeds, though I have managed to fly using will-power I don't seem to get going too fast. I know what you mean by being considered a nightmare too - when you realise you're dreaming it just becomes the opposite. It's quite fun - I've often been in death situations - where monsters were going to kill me, only for me to become ultimately strong and them utterly weak, or times when I'd drown, and just start breathing.

I normally manage to wake myself up, and only in 2% of my dreams do I find an occasion when I can't, and it is truely terrifying - you feel powerless and like you're in a coma. You know you're asleep but can't wake up.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:...or times when I'd drown, and just start breathing...
Yeah, I've been able to breathe underwater in dreams since I was a kid. :D

Of course, I grew up across the street from the beach, and spent a lot of time in the Pacific, so that could explain the sub-conscious familiarity with water. And my mom kept surfing until she was eight months pregnant with me. Me + ocean = good friends.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I wake up covered in sweat a lot, and I've woken up screaming more than a few times (my exes loved that).
Even though I can't remember dreams, I've had the same situation. I've found it happens a lot less since I've been on insulin, and I know you had mentioned that you were hypoglycemic... maybe some sort of better control is in order, or a whole-grain bedtime snack or something.
Of course, I grew up across the street from the beach, and spent a lot of time in the Pacific, so that could explain the sub-conscious familiarity with water. And my mom kept surfing until she was eight months pregnant with me. Me + ocean = good friends.
My mom was definitely no surfer, but I'm born and bred New Jerseyan, and now I've moved "down the shore" as we say - I live about a thirty second drive from the beach on the bay between the mainland and the barrier island chain, and about a five minute drive from the ocean. During the summer, we take my daughter to the beach approximately five days a week, although we enjoy it more before Memorial Day and after Labor Day when the BENY's are gone.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sounds awesome, Mikey. I have to admit I'm a bit envious of your family life. I had a shot 12 years ago, but I was way too young and my ex took the choice out of my hands, and again 10 years ago with a different woman, but I was too young to get married, so she took her business elsewhere, so to speak.

I miss living near an ocean. The closest thing I have is a tepid gulf 50 miles from here...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I find it awesome now, but I doubt I would have 15 years ago. Take your time.

I assume your referring to the Gulf of Mexico - never been in it, but I hear the surfing can be choice on the right days... Just have to dodge the bull sharks, right?
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

And the occasional school of hammerheads, or swarms of Portugese Man-O-War... Those things suck.

And, yeah. I'm taking my time. I'm about to be 27, so I have some time left. I have a pretty good thing in the works right now, actually. :D