Theory to why the Borg are unknowns until the 24th Century

Enterprise
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well then, call me "The Zombie Gourmet", I guess. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

That solves it. Cheese-eating surrender-monkeys!
It's funny cause its true.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I happen to like cheese as well. Especially with brains and other head-meat.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I happen to like cheese as well. Especially with brains and other head-meat.
Dude eat them both at once, HEADCHEESE!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Duskofdead wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:I happen to like cheese as well. Especially with brains and other head-meat.
Dude eat them both at once, HEADCHEESE!
Now there's something I've never been inclined to try...

Headcheese

I'll stick to nearly raw seafood and sauteed brains, thank you.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well ear wax has a soft cheese like feeling to it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm out!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Wow, this has gone too gross for me. Yuck!
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:D

It's funny; I get the same reaction from a pretty wide demographic. I guess I really am a bit... odd in that respect as well. I'll try pretty much any food, and I actually enjoy a lot of strange things I have tried.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

A lot of these... things are not food in my book.
I'm sorry, but "food" requires that I can know what it is, have it in front of me, and eat it without throwing up.
Hmmm, we should have a nausious emoticon.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

stitch626 wrote:A lot of these... things are not food in my book.
I'm sorry, but "food" requires that I can know what it is, have it in front of me, and eat it without throwing up.
I've eaten a lot of stuff without knowing precicely what it was. I had a good friend as a teen who was Taiwanese (his family was actually from the island, not third generation Americans or something), and eating traditional Taiwanese food was always a mystery box kind of situation. Too bad they don't seem to sell a lot of authentic Chinese or Taiwanese food here in America... I could really go for a couple of those delicious mystery dumplings right now.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
stitch626 wrote:A lot of these... things are not food in my book.
I've eaten a lot of stuff without knowing precicely what it was. I had a good friend as a teen who was Taiwanese (his family was actually from the island, not third generation Americans or something), and eating traditional Taiwanese food was always a mystery box kind of situation. Too bad they don't seem to sell a lot of authentic Chinese or Taiwanese food here in America... I could really go for a couple of those delicious mystery dumplings right now.
They do, but you pretty much have to find the places where it's difficult to order in English. And they're usually in inconvenient places; downtowns or China towns, crap parking, etc. I'm shocked though at people who say they love Chinese food, they go to P.F. Chang's all the time. *eyeroll*
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I like Chinese food, but not the American fast Chinese food.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Duskofdead wrote:...I'm shocked though at people who say they love Chinese food, they go to P.F. Chang's all the time. *eyeroll*
Overpriced crap. I have a little mom-and-pop type operation about 500 meters from my apartment that is as close to authentic I've ever seen, and they pile on the portions for a great price. People can keep their brand name crap restaurants along with their overpriced, trendy Gucci style BS as well, so far as I'm concerned.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Duskofdead wrote:...I'm shocked though at people who say they love Chinese food, they go to P.F. Chang's all the time. *eyeroll*
Overpriced crap. I have a little mom-and-pop type operation about 500 meters from my apartment that is as close to authentic I've ever seen, and they pile on the portions for a great price. People can keep their brand name crap restaurants along with their overpriced, trendy Gucci style BS as well, so far as I'm concerned.
It's amazing how this very simple fact eludes so many people: you can tell how "authentic" the Chinese food is by looking around at who's eating it. If it's a bunch of yuppies in A&F clothes, then dude.... ;)