Thoughts on frequent posting

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Teaos wrote:I've always wanted to put a tube from their udders to their mouths so they can feed on themselves.
I don't think that will work long term. :roll:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Be fun though.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

tl;dr

Hehe =p But.. yeah, to try and prod this thrad back onto the happy freeway of on topicness... Ill admit that really long threads kinda put me off. Especially if i look and it says "Thread Created: 34 minuites ago. 8 pages long..." Heh. YOu guys type and respond waaaay faster than im used to, and thats a good thing.. its just im usually busy and when i hit f4 half an hour later theres like, 3 whole more pages there xD kinda puts me off.

And, blissfully, theres not a lot of it on this forum, but i hate when people use internet acronyms for EVERYTHING.

Like..:
IMHO, teh POTUSA should stfu about his new policy, its totatlly ott and makes me rofl just tahsur. yk? Idk, nyway, im hear your playing SSB later? gl, hf!

Nuuuu xD

Still, when I see stuff like that im tempted to get the ol' Viz dictionary out.. Aha! Slang to the face! =p
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

In my defense I don't use txt speak or l33t or slang in general.

But I think tl;dr is rich language, full of connotations. So I kinda like it.

Hwoveer I mghit srtat dnoig the lteter tnihg mroe :P

(By the way you guys can all read that clearly right?)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

tl;dr
What is this?
By the way you guys can all read that clearly right?
Yup.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Rochey wrote:
tl;dr
What is this?
By the way you guys can all read that clearly right?
Yup.
Too long, didn't read. Although I more frequently see it as simply TLDR.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Teaos wrote:I've always wanted to put a tube from their udders to their mouths so they can feed on themselves.
Live a Bovine Stillsuit?
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Here this should help you remember.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Thats nothing.

Check out the W that appeared on Tony Blairs forehead
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

kostmayer wrote:Thats nothing.

Check out the W that appeared on Tony Blairs forehead
That is rather disturbing. Like if the Exxon/Mobil logo appeared on Bush's forehead.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Weird. :shock:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

IMHO, teh POTUSA should stfu about his new policy, its totatlly ott and makes me rofl just tahsur. yk? Idk, nyway, im hear your playing SSB later? gl, hf!
Ok, I'm am one of the few who cannot understand this at all, please explain. :?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It's' 733t speak. I can understand it but I dont like it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

stitch626 wrote:
Ok, I'm am one of the few who cannot understand this at all, please explain. :?
In my humble opinion the President of the United States should shut the (fornication under consent of the king) up about his new policy, it's totally over the top and makes me roll on the floor laughing (I can't translate "just tashur", never seen it), you know? I don't know, anyway, I hear you're playing (SSB? Anyone?), good luck, have fun.

Also I should point out a lot of this isn't so much general netspeak as specifically gamerspeak. Stuff like "GL, HF" is stuff people type in online games when the timer is counting down to start a game and you don't have a lot of time to type a longer message.