Stargate: Continuum trailer

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Stargate: Continuum trailer

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Right here

Gotta say, this looks very cool. Fleets of Ha'taks, F-15s V Death Gliders, Jack O'Neill, Baal, lots of action. Awesome.

Be warned: Watch your sound; I made the mistake of listning to it with the sound up high, and nearly got deafened by some dumb bitch fangirl screaming. :x
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm already going deaf, i dont need her fricken help. But it did look pretty cool ^_^
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nice. Looks serious. I still want to see the end of season ten, though. And, Ark of Truth.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

If you want to watch it without that fangirl or those huge heads in the way, you can also see it at GateWorld.

I have to agree. This movie looks high-flying spectacular. That submarine they used is real. Not CGI. Not stock footage. Real thing, real time. And, I believe they used real F-16s, too.

I enjoyed Ark of Truth, but looks like I'll enjoy this even more so. I already pre-ordered mine at Amazon. :) Can't wait! :!:
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That submarine they used is real. Not CGI. Not stock footage. Real thing, real time. And, I believe they used real F-16s, too.
Awesome. :D

I think I spotted something in the video I posted: you can see what looks like Anubis' flagship at one point. That should be interesting.

Also: F-16s V Death Gliders, I'm really looking forward to that.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Stargate: Continuum trailer

Post by Monroe »

The video was kind of funny when people started screaming at seemingly nothing. I must be missing something but they seemed to get excited at random intervals.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Jack alone is worth the price of admission, I haven't been able to get into the show since he left.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, SG1 went seriously downhill after he left.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Does he ever get to do Carter?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Does he ever get to do Carter?
No. He kissed her once in "Window of Opportunity"(the one where Teal'c and Jack have their own version of Groundhog day) but they felt for the two to get together would cheapen it, and I have to agree. And it's way to predictable for the heroic tough leader to get the girl. Now in the last episode with Vala and Jackson hooking up, that's unpredictable but still believable.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The Nerdy guy always gets some action. Gives hope to all the nerd fans.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:Does he ever get to do Carter?
No. He kissed her once in "Window of Opportunity"(the one where Teal'c and Jack have their own version of Groundhog day) but they felt for the two to get together would cheapen it, and I have to agree. And it's way to predictable for the heroic tough leader to get the girl. Now in the last episode with Vala and Jackson hooking up, that's unpredictable but still believable.
Also, the U.S. Airforce wouldn't let them as long as both O'Neill and Carter were in the service. The most that they were allowed to do was to have the characters admit their feelings to one another, as in Season 4's "Divide and Conquer".
Last edited by Varthikes on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Varthikes wrote:Also, the U.S. Airforce would let them as long as both O'Neill and Carter were in the service. The most that they were allowed to do was to have the characters admit their feelings to one another, as in Season 4's "Divide and Conquer".
I assume you mean wouldn't - in any case, I don't think the US military has any rules against relationships between officers, merely between officers and other ranks, and between those in the same chain of command (which would cover O'Neil and Carter).

They got together in Moebius, albeit in an alternate universe.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Varthikes wrote:Also, the U.S. Airforce would let them as long as both O'Neill and Carter were in the service. The most that they were allowed to do was to have the characters admit their feelings to one another, as in Season 4's "Divide and Conquer".
I assume you mean wouldn't - in any case, I don't think the US military has any rules against relationships between officers, merely between officers and other ranks, and between those in the same chain of command (which would cover O'Neil and Carter).

They got together in Moebius, albeit in an alternate universe.
Yes, I meant "wouldn't". Thank you.

It's interesting that whenever they had an alternate timeline going on, they almost always had Jack and Sam getting together. In Season 1's "There But For the Grace of God", they were engaged. And, in Season 3's "Point of View", they were married briefly.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Varthikes wrote:
Also, the U.S. Airforce would let them as long as both O'Neill and Carter were in the service. The most that they were allowed to do was to have the characters admit their feelings to one another, as in Season 4's "Divide and Conquer".
Not quite, officer/enlisted relationships violate the UCMJ as do officer ones when the rank difference is two grades ie: captain and 2 LT or Brigadier General and Major. I can't remember what rank they are now but at one point I think they were within the zone. They also couldn't serve together.