Politicians Caught

In the real world
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Politicians Caught

Post by Monroe »

I was going to throw this into the other thread about politics but I thought this deserved its own.

So New York new govenor on the second day on the job has had information about affairs he's been in and his wife's been in.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ixKbWbZQAwY
(The interview is pretty worthless)

This of course replaces Eliot Spitzer. While at the same time information about the New Jersey(?) govenor who was gay turned out he had threesomes with his wife (who I for one think is hot) and another man.

Also, one of Alaska's congressmen is knee deep in several scandals about ear marks and stealing from other states.

Oh and then there was that gay idaho senator.

What's wrong with people in power in the US today?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

What's wrong with them? What's wrong is that these are normal, everyday people who happen to be in positions of authority and under the microscope. These people don't have any more or worse problems than the general public; but whne one of them does have such an issue, it makes the news.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The only way I'd really have a problem with this is if they're those guys who go around yelling about the 'sanctity of marriage' and trying to get gay marriage outlawed.
Other than that, it's nothing special. People have affairs all the time, and I don't see anything particularly newsworthy about someone having gay sex or a threesome.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

This is not normal behavior. I don't know many people who risk so much by having sex with a high class prostitute in a public building. Or have bathroom sex when there's websites that are safer and places you're suppose to meet random people for sex.

They're taking huge chances its like they think they're invincible.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

What's wrong with having sex in a bathroom?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Having sex in a crowded men's restroom in an airport?
Rochey you have some stories to fill us in on!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Here's the Alaska dude I was talking about:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kpMFwp7HUwA&feature=user

Howd' that guy get elected?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Having sex in a crowded men's restroom in an airport?
Oh, right. I thought you meant in his own bathroom.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:D Ah... classic.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Ahh....America where sex is something horrible. This stuff happens in other countries but no one cares.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Spitzer for one deserved to have the book thrown at him - not for the sex per se, but because he'd made a big deal about going after prostitution rings.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Ahh....America where sex is something horrible. This stuff happens in other countries but no one cares.
I'd say cheating on your partner in general classes you firmly in the "scumbag" category. Of course, most politicians are scumbags already, so no one should be surprised about any of this.

Randomly screwing multiple people kind of falls under the same category, regardless if you're single. Anyone heard of AIDS, and the plethora of other lovely STD's? Condoms don't always protect against STD's, even if you bother to wear one.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

On the plus side yahoo has been posting some interesting articles about this.

Did you know nearly all kinds of birds have rampant cheating? In fact they 'pay' their hoe for sex?

And did you know that 80% of relationships have a partner that's cheating or has cheated?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
I'd say cheating on your partner in general classes you firmly in the "scumbag" category. Of course, most politicians are scumbags already, so no one should be surprised about any of this.

Randomly screwing multiple people kind of falls under the same category, regardless if you're single. Anyone heard of AIDS, and the plethora of other lovely STD's? Condoms don't always protect against STD's, even if you bother to wear one.
Of course. But that's not the average American's objection to this kind of thing. They had sex, which is sinful unless your married. Even then it's only for procreation. If they actually objected on the grounds that you have mentioned they wouldn't sound like douchebags.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Of course. But that's not the average American's objection to this kind of thing. They had sex, which is sinful unless your married. Even then it's only for procreation. If they actually objected on the grounds that you have mentioned they wouldn't sound like douchebags.
Agreed. "Sin" is a pretty subjective term, and I don't care for it being applied to anything, especially politics. Everyone should agree that hurting someone emotionally, particularly your partner, is wrong. And, of course, spreading STD's is wrong, intentionally or not.