Yesterday, thirty eight years ago...

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Yesterday, thirty eight years ago...

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Mankind first set foot on the moon.

Apollo 11 landed and Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin spoke those imortal words.

"One small step for man, one...giant leap for mankind."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

This is a thread on two other forums I am a member of and they both disolved into "Did we land on the moon?" :P
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ok, as far as I am concerned we did.
Lets have none of that! :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

Terran Empire did it. American government lied.
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Clearly it was all broadcast from a soundstage on Mars.
*adjusts tinfoil hat*
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

We did land on the moon. Nobody has any right to question that.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

EVERYONE has the right to question EVERYTHING. Thats the corner stone of democracy.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

Rochey wrote:Clearly it was all broadcast from a soundstage on Mars.
*adjusts tinfoil hat*
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides, if we hadn't gone to the moon, how could the opening scene of 'Independence Day' possibly have happened? :lol:
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

So the real question is will the Chinse land there next and claim it?
*thinks America and allies should colonize the Moon*
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Teaos wrote:
EVERYONE has the right to question EVERYTHING. Thats the corner stone of democracy.
BS. You don't have the right to question that the sky is blue, that the capital of Norway is Oslo, or that we landed on the moon.

The only right a human being has is the right to existence. Everything else is a privilege handed to you because you're fortunate enough to live in such a place. Go somewhere like Thailand or Laos; nobody even knows what freedom of speech means there in the western sense, except for tourists.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I do have the right to question if the sky is blue. Just like you have the right to think I'm an idiot if I do.

It's a little thing called free speech and free will. The two most important things to democracy and humanity in general.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

All right. I know how to settle this. Someone call up Russia and we'll have a redo of the space race. First one to the moon wins. First one to Mars gets bonus points.
The winner will be awarded a life times supply of cookies for the population.
On your marks, get set, GO!

Wait, what do you mean it'll take a few years?
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Monroe wrote:So the real question is will the Chinse land there next and claim it?
*thinks America and allies should colonize the Moon*
Let 'em. Could you imagine a whole moon-base populated with Asian drivers using moon rovers? They'd wipe each other out in a matter of no time. :lol:
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

International Law states no Nation can own extra-terrestrial land. However, oddly enough, an individual can. www.planetaryinvestments.com

I am going to buy an acre of the moon for $37, and plant a Terran Empire flag on its surface once I get $20,000,000 to go up there.
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Teaos wrote:I do have the right to question if the sky is blue. Just like you have the right to think I'm an idiot if I do.

It's a little thing called free speech and free will. The two most important things to democracy and humanity in general.
Sorry, you don't. Democracy is just a construct of the mind that has no basis in reality. You have no rights, other than the right to existence. The rest are just privileges given to you because you're fortunate enough to be born in New Zealand.