In the real world
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Argentinian town terrorized by angry gnome

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Really!
'Creepy gnome' terrorises town

A TOWN in South America is living in fear after several sightings of a 'creepy gnome' that locals claim stalks the streets at night.

The midget - which wears a pointy hat and has a distinctive sideways walk - was caught on video last week by a terrified group of youngsters.

Teenager Jose Alvarez - who filmed the gnome - yesterday told national newspaper El Tribuno that they caught the creature while larking about in their hometown of General Guemes, in the province of Salta, Argentina.

He said: "We were chatting about our last fishing trip. It was one in the morning.

"I began to film a bit with my mobile phone while the others were chatting and joking.

"Suddenly we heard something - a weird noise as if someone was throwing stones.

"We looked to one side and saw that the grass was moving. To begin with we thought it was a dog but when we saw this gnome-like figure begin to emerge we were really afraid."

Jose added that other locals had come forward to say they had spotted the gnome.

He said: "This is no joke. We are still afraid to go out - just like everyone else in the neighbourhood now.

"One of my friends was so scared after seeing that thing that we had to take him to the hospital."
I'm not making this up

For those who want a look at this horrifying creature, the video they took can be seen here. Really, the video's worth a look just to hear that scream at the end! :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Seems like the covenant have sent a grunt to scout out the earth for their planned invasion after all, now where did I put my combat rifle, its critter huntin time :)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

I wonder if they believe it to be a goat sucker, a chupacabra (if my spell checker and I are on the same wavelength!) It would explain why they are so terrified.
Would Mexicans recognize the Western, stripped of threat, modern version of a gnome as a little man in a pointy hat? Thinking about it, do other countries other than the UK have garden Gnomes?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Enkidu wrote:I wonder if they believe it to be a goat sucker, a chupacabra (if my spell checker and I are on the same wavelength!) It would explain why they are so terrified.
Would Mexicans recognize the Western, stripped of threat, modern version of a gnome as a little man in a pointy hat? Thinking about it, do other countries other than the UK have garden Gnomes?
Old ladies have them. And the traveling knome from the Travelocity commercials
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

El Chupacabra is a Puerto Rican legend and I doubt it would have any hold as far away as Argentina. Even if so, it is believed to be rather un-humanlike except for it's bipedal nature.

But I guess I see here the difference between the US and everybody else. A typical American group of teenagers would have seen that guy, beat the living piss out of him, and THEN taken pictures.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

God bless America, no one else will hahaha!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:God bless America, no one else will hahaha!
Yeah, but you know I'm right. Hell, down in Fredneck by you - I mean, Fredrick - he probably would have been strange fruit by now.
as Bull offed Custer
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

Somewhere between my eyes and my brain, "Argentinians" became "Mexicans". I really should stop late night web surfing.....
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

the norse and the germans have very elaborate and well established gnome/dwarf/goblin myths, gnomes aren't just a british affair, my austrian relations are fanatics about those horrid bloody plaster beardy midget ********, although last year i managed to unleash a BB gun on a few...
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That's it! This was all just an amateur Argentinian production of "Ring of the Niebelungs!"
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:That's it! This was all just an amateur Argentinian production of "Ring of the Niebelungs!"
For this, I have to kill you now. :chopper:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:
Mikey wrote:That's it! This was all just an amateur Argentinian production of "Ring of the Niebelungs!"
For this, I have to kill you now. :chopper:
Hey, I'm not a Wagner fan either. Maybe they were putting on The Wizard of Oz?
as Bull offed Custer
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

nyone thinking of Artemis Fowl now> The elves are starting theirinvasion. :p
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

shran wrote:nyone thinking of Artemis Fowl now> The elves are starting theirinvasion. :p
I don't get it.
as Bull offed Custer
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Perhaps a bit too obscure reference, though Rochey could've catched it, since he is from Ireland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis_Fowl_%28series%29