Star Trek: Infinite

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Trek: Infinite

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Not sure how many of you are much into gaming. But I just pre-ordered a new game from Paradox (via my Steam account), called Star Trek: Infinite. It is a grand strategy game in the vein of Stellaris, itself a great game, with the player able to play the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, or Cardassians. It also has heroes/leaders like Picard, Janeway, Sisko, Gowron, etc.

I don't do a great deal of gaming these days, and I have never pre-ordered a game, but with it being a Star Trek grand strategy game, and from Paradox, I did not hesitate to do so this time.

It is due out on October 12th, so as soon as I know more, and try it out, I'll let you know what I think.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
SlipperyStream47
Petty officer second class

Re: Star Trek: Infinite

Post by SlipperyStream47 »

So the standard version is $30 here in the U.S. I wonder if there'll eventually be in free to play options.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I paid £34.99 (about $43) for the pre-order deluxe edition. The standard is £26.99 (~$33) here, at least on Steam which is where I get all my games.

Usually I never pay full price for games, and wait until they are on sale, but I have waited for years for another, decent, Star Trek-based grand strategy/4X game, and I have a lot of Paradox games, so it was a no-brainer.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
SlipperyStream47

Post by SlipperyStream47 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:55 am I paid £34.99 (about $43) for the pre-order deluxe edition. The standard is £26.99 (~$33) here, at least on Steam which is where I get all my games.

Usually I never pay full price for games, and wait until they are on sale, but I have waited for years for another, decent, Star Trek-based grand strategy/4X game, and I have a lot of Paradox games, so it was a no-brainer.
I think I'll have to wait for the price to drop. Otherwise, I'll never buy it. I don't spend money on games.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Well, I wasn't particularly enamoured with this when it came out, having given up after 50 minutes play total.

I'll probably go back and give it a whirl again in a few months, when maybe they've ironed stuff out, or got more workshop stuff added.

This was the first game in well over a decade I have bought that wasn't at least 50% off in price, and the last I will as well.

I'll go back to waiting for reviews and/or special offers.