My school had a shooting today

In the real world
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

My school had a shooting today

Post by Monroe »

Probably won't make national news but figure it was a good conclusion to the Missouri man that stormed the City Hall opening fire. Why not continue. The wooded area the article talks about is where the nature trail is.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/15366754/detail.html

The Belt Highway gets robbed fairly often since that's where the majority of businesses are and its easy access to the side streets and interstates and highways. About a month ago the Taco Belt near where I work got robbed and then later in the night the place I work got robbed.

edit: Wasn't a serious threat, just found it odd.
Last edited by Monroe on Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

There was a shooting at you school? Were you there at the time? Anyone killed? And why won't this make the news? It's a freaking school shooting!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:There was a shooting at you school? Were you there at the time? Anyone killed? And why won't this make the news? It's a freaking school shooting!
Probably local news. Unless someone dies a school shooting isn't really newsworthy. Or a lot of injuries. And usually in larger numbers. This is in the US remember?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Gun fights are still common in many places. Its tough to say what will or won't make headlines.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Far as I can tell only one of the robbers was shot in the leg as he ran through the nature trail.

It wasn't even the top story at the Kansas City website. Here in St Joseph its top story but then again geese at the pond makes the news here :P
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Probably local news. Unless someone dies a school shooting isn't really newsworthy. Or a lot of injuries. And usually in larger numbers. This is in the US remember?
Yeah, it just still seems stunning to me that some guy can run into a school, shoot the place up, and fail to make the headlines.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, it just still seems stunning to me that some guy can run into a school, shoot the place up, and fail to make the headlines.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Um did everyone read the link? It wasn't some much a school shooting as a shooting that happened on school property.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

well yeah. But shots were fired at school which makes it a school shooting in my book :P
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Glad to hear you're all right at least, Monroe.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Um did everyone read the link?
Obviously not. :P

Well, that explains why it wasn't in the news, at least....
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

There we go, edited in that no one should have worried about me :P Happened at like 4 AM. I just thought it was an odd situation.
Uzume
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Uzume »

Last edited by Uzume on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. - Anonymous
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

haha. So true.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol: