Chadwick Boseman, 'Black Panther' Actor, Dies of Cancer at 43

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Chadwick Boseman, 'Black Panther' Actor, Dies of Cancer at 43

Post by Nutso »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ce=twitter
Chadwick Boseman, the electric young star who projected so much vitality as the star of such films as Black Panther, Get on Up and 42, died Friday. He was 43.

Boseman died at his home in the Los Angeles area with his wife and family by his side, his publicist Nicki Fioravante told The Associated Press.

Boseman was diagnosed with colon cancer four years ago, his family said in a statement. He had never spoken publicly about his diagnosis.

“A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much,” his family said in the statement. “From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and several more — all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honor of his career to bring King T’Challa to life in Black Panther.”'
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Chadwick Boseman, 'Black Panther' Actor, Dies of Cancer at 43

Post by McAvoy »

So fucking young. I thought the man was an up and coming actor too.

MCU wise, I wonder who they will bring in to replace him.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

With the final trilogy of Stars Wars complete, maybe John Boyega? Proven to handle massive work load, even though he did leave a script behind somewhere, where it was found and sold and then bought back by the giant Mouse, who also lords over the MCU. Just sayin'!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

43 years old. Jesus wept!

And he did the MCU movies while going through chemo and dealing with this. God, this is bullshit.

Wakanda Forever!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

He knew he was dying for awhile. I wonder if he and Disney signed a deal to use his likeness like Carry Fisher.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

I heard somewhere that all the marvel actors did... though I don't recall when or where I read it, but I guess that a stipulation would be that there would be royalties from each use, and limited only to the depictions of characters they already played... aka Chadwick Boseman : Black Panther, but not Chadwick Boseman : Random Black Guy In Crowd #72.

I also guess that would be the legal situation for the Likeness of RDJ for artwork of the MCU Tony Stark, and therefore why they can't even show them in the TV shows - the royalty payments.

I believe this is also why, for say, Stargate, that the only SG-1 Characters (beyond Weir and McKay) in Atlantis' pilot episode had been Jack and Daniel - I think featuring Teal'c in the pilot would have the legality of royalties to the creator of the character for the entire show? Or something (rumor is, It's also why Rob Duncan McNeill(?) is Tom Paris and not Nick Locarno in Voyager, even though they're basically the same character)

It's an interesting legal situation - as without safeguards you could end up paying some guy a fraction of what they'd pay the star actor and just CGI their face over the "body performance". (Which is basically almost the entire career of andy serkis - body / mocap performance with other faces layered over in post.

By writing it into contracts for 'franchise' performances (or just on a case-by-case, say... "Hey Arnie, Any chance we could use a billboard with your face for a fake movie within the universe of this movie? we got turned down on specific real movies but we'd still like your face on a clearly-made-up-for-this-movie movie. We'll call it... Total Commando"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:39 am So fucking young. I thought the man was an up and coming actor too.

MCU wise, I wonder who they will bring in to replace him.
Maybe the sister character will take over as Black Panther?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park