New and/or Different

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

New and/or Different

Post by T'Pau »

During the pandemic, have you learned anything new or done anything different?

I recently taught myself how to play mahjong. Was always interested in it and found a Nintendo Switch game collection that included it. I still don't grasp all the details completely (even after reading up on it) but it is fun!

I also tried a different cut of beef (rib cap) on the grill...all the qualities of a rib eye minus all the extraneous fat, while still being nicely marbled and flavorful. Salt, pepper and a little garlic powder...nomnomnom!!!

How about you?
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: New and/or Different

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I began a complete revamp of my created universe after nearly 30 years.

I have started video chatting with my closest friends, three people so far. I had only even done that once with an ex.

I have reverted back to eating red meat for the time being, not often, but depending what foods I can get delivered. Due to my mental health physically shopping, especially at this time, is not an option.

I have also started making fruit smoothies and have decided after over three decades to quite "normal" tea, over the next few months, in favour of fruit and herbal teas.

I just bought a bike (pushbike) to get me out and about more. I am afraid of going out in my town due to being assaulted last year, and having an attempted break-in this year (whilst I was in, on live video chat). Police arrested the bloke, a chancer who was drunk and had a baseball bat trying to get into mine and my neighbours).

That's all I can think of for now :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Well, I've read the Old testament for the first time, and have started the New. Very... interesting.

I've also gone through my old toys, reorganized them, rediscovered some of them. "Oh, my old Encore Reissue G1 Megatron! Yeah, the gun mode is a bit too realistic." :D
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Back a few years ago, I got into really intricate, master artist reproductions of their well known works for adult coloring books. NO, not crayons, but very good color pencils. I'd stashed them away after doing several in a row, and dug them back out again. Really zen way to spend an afternoon, while my guy is working from home right next to me, nose to the computer grindstone as it were.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."