Size of the Dominion

Deep Space Nine
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

true but they still could contain dna, and some sort of biochemistry that could be susceptible to the borg
I'm not saying the Borg couldn't figure some way to affect them, but the Borg as we know it aren't exactly the most innotive race.... :D
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

true :D
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Maybe the Virus was just used as a word to discribe something that infected someone. Words used in a generic way to show effect.

And I doubt the founders could be assimilated. The Borg wouldn't be able to adapt either. They would have to assimilate the tech off someone else.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I really like Graham's theory.

One of the reasons I really like it is it reinforces my own theory that the Voth and Hirogen can kick the Borg's asses. Proof? They're still around. There were some other races near Borg space that were very old and had nice technology but I forget off the top of my head.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Hirogen drones are featured in several episodes
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Granitehewer wrote:Hirogen drones are featured in several episodes
But the Hirogen still have a working array and a civiliazation several thousand years old. But you do bring up a good point. Their civilization clear isn't the height it once was.

The Voth though, massively technologically advanced and right next door to the Borg.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

oh sorry, my point, was simply that the borg seem to be ''catching up''
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

If the Borg ever got to the point were they took over our whole galaxy they are screwed. Nothing more for them to assimilate thus they would be stuck at the same level forever.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Then they would have assimilated more advanced propulsion technologies, and would be able to go to other galaxies..

dont worry there is still plenty left for them to assimilate. :P
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Wouldn't it be a wicked twist if they already were doing that? If they aren't from the Milky Way originally.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Monroe wrote:Wouldn't it be a wicked twist if they already were doing that? If they aren't from the Milky Way originally.
Well the Borg are already going to other planes/dimensions to assimilate life, eg fluidic space
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I wonder how they got there. The Borg dont tend to go places unless they follow someone or get drawn there. Maybe one of their assimilated species had gone there.

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

good explanation
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Maybe they found a semi-permanent wormhole?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Perhaps one of the species they assimilated had technology that could detect fluidic space, and they found it by accident while using said technology. I thought it was mentioned that 8472 found any intrusion into their realm unacceptable, and I don't think they knew that 'normal' space existed until the Borg came through.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939