Assignment DS9

Deep Space Nine
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Assignment DS9

Post by Mikey »

Bryan Moore wrote:Didn't he leave to go instruct at the academy?
After the timeframe of the series.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think Miles was possibly the best engineer we saw on the series.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:I think Miles was possibly the best engineer we saw on the series.
Maybe because he wasn't an officer.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He also did the most inpressive stuff.

Scotty and La Forge were both good engineers who kept their ships running but Miles got two totally diferent brands of tech to work together in DS9 and then got the Defiant working where a design team couldnt.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Teaos wrote:He also did the most inpressive stuff.

Scotty and La Forge were both good engineers who kept their ships running but Miles got two totally diferent brands of tech to work together in DS9 and then got the Defiant working where a design team couldnt.
Actually it was three different brands, Cardassian, Bajoran, and Federation tech, which makes it that much more impressive.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Is there gonna be a Miles greatest moment poll?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ask Graham, but I think he's just planning on doing the XO's.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:Actually it was three different brands, Cardassian, Bajoran, and Federation tech, which makes it that much more impressive.
I don't think the Bajorans had much more than small arms on DS9 - after the occupation they didn't have the technological or industrial base to take on a project that size. All the serious refitting was done by Starfleet.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

True. the only major Bajoran tech we've seen is the Assault ship.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He probably would have been familiar with it though.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:Actually it was three different brands, Cardassian, Bajoran, and Federation tech, which makes it that much more impressive.
I don't think the Bajorans had much more than small arms on DS9 - after the occupation they didn't have the technological or industrial base to take on a project that size. All the serious refitting was done by Starfleet.
I can't remember the exact episode, but I think it was an early season 4 episode when Worf moved to the Defiant when O'Brian said he enjoyed the work he puts into making Cardassian, Bajoran, and Federation technology to work together. Bajoran tech was probably only used when they Starfleet logistics couldn't get certain parts out to DS9 when O'Brian needed them, making do with what you have and all that, but with DS9 not being a major federation priority until the Dominion showed up, and later the war created logistical issues, I wouldn't be suprised if there was a fair amount of Bajoran technology holding the station together.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

True. I'd be very surprised if Bajoran kit was anywhere near as common or as important as Cardie or Fed kit, but I can see it being used to fill the station's day-to-day spare parts repository. DS9 would, as you say, be somewhere near the bottom of Starfleet's priority list.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Teaos wrote:He also did the most inpressive stuff.

And had time for a wife, 2 kids, and making a last stand with Bashir at the Alamo :mrgreen:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

God Bless Texas!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Remember the Alamo, bitches!

I do; it's where I caught a cab after Ozzfest '97.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939