Moderators

Important stuff, please read before posting
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Moderators

Post by Mark »

Blackstar, this is part of what they are talking about. I really think that you don't realize this, so I'm pointing it out. You are not answering the question, but argueing the way in which it is being phrased. Set the dictionary aside for a minute. You and I both know that you know what Ian is asking you. This is really aggravating. How can I try and argue for you, if your going to make their points for them? Address the points being asked, don't argue HOW they are being asked. It REALLY won't help.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Far be it for me to step in this late but...
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:
I know a can be annoying and yes I argue just for the fun of it.
This is not only an open admission to trolling but also jerkdom in the extreme.
No, it's not. It's admitting that I know you guys find me annoying and that I enjoy an arguement. The definition of a troll is
is someone who posts controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion
I would like to emphasize the word intention. I never intentionally provoke people or disrupt discussions.
You say you know you do this and that you do it for fun... your arguing over semantics here. If you know that your posts cause this reaction and do it for fun then I would consider that intentional. The thing I keep thinking is that this is not just one off, its constant.

At the same time I can understand how he would feel threatened/backed into a corner by Seafort's post. I don't mean to step on any toes but to me a Mod using his position to force someone to respond in a debate is like a Police Officer forcing someone to smuggle drugs then waiting in the airport for them, its not exactly the same but its similar enough in my mind. If this is acceptable then whats to stop other mods from using this when they are loosing an argument (not that they were in this case since art is purely subjective and one can dislike something if for no other reason than it does not appeal to them).

In the end I guess what I am saying is, In my opinion he is trolling based on his own admission, he is also being a jerk for putting out random arguments to get a reaction since it is fun for him. At the same time though I personally believe that Seafort was a little out of line. Again, I'm trying trying to piss anyone off I'm just saying what I think about this series of events.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that Blackstar
A) never stated he had no wish to continue the debate
and
B) could simply have conceded the debate if he didn't want to continue?
Seafort didn't back him into a corner: he told him to stop ignoring peoples' points.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

IanKennedy wrote:Clearly I mean "To make and serve (ice-cream sodas, for example) at a soda fountain", but seriously you can't tell which of those I mean? Would the boys and girls like to tell him.

Darn you Seafort you've gone and given the game away. :bangwall:
Can I get a cherry and vanilla one, Ian. Since your making them anyway, you soda jerk you :mrgreen:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Blackstar wrote:I can't find one instance of the definition you're using so the exact meaning is impossible for one to judge fairly.
Your own damn post wrote:Slang. A foolish, rude, or contemptible person.
Does that help? :roll:
oops...I didn't see that one :oops: So I guess I'm foolish. :oops:
Blackstar, for f*ck's sake drop the pointless nitpicking. You know very well what he meant and you're just p*ssing more people off.
For a justified punishment first you must justify why a person is being punished, aka the crime in question, and then justify that the accoused is guilty and that the punishment fits the crime.
I'll ask you this one last time: give me one reason why we should let you stay on the board. Tell me one thing you contribute to this community.
I thought I addressed this already. I run the Starbolt's Pride RP, and I provide an alternate view on things, which may or may not be correct, but never the less can provide for a spirited debate which is a large part of what this website is.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mark wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:Clearly I mean "To make and serve (ice-cream sodas, for example) at a soda fountain", but seriously you can't tell which of those I mean? Would the boys and girls like to tell him.

Darn you Seafort you've gone and given the game away. :bangwall:
Can I get a cherry and vanilla one, Ian. Since your making them anyway, you soda jerk you :mrgreen:
You can get me banned for that you know. Making ice-cream sodas is against the rules.
email, ergo spam
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

How about restricting shim from participating in debates, while allowing him to continue "regular" posing, and role-playing?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mark wrote:How about restricting shim from participating in debates, while allowing him to continue "regular" posing, and role-playing?
I like that idea(better then being banned outright). Can you go with that idea?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

For a justified punishment first you must justify why a person is being punished, aka the crime in question, and then justify that the accoused is guilty and that the punishment fits the crime.
Newsflash: this is not a f*cking court room. Your imminent banning is due to your behaviour over your entire stay here.
I run the Starbolt's Pride RP
So? Easily replaceable. Hell, the RP in question isn't even that active anymore.
and I provide an alternate view on things, which may or may not be correct, but never the less can provide for a spirited debate which is a large part of what this website is.
You covering your ears and going "LA LA LA, I'M NOT LISTENING, I'M RIGHT!" is not a spirited debate.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:
Newsflash: this is not a f*cking court room. Your imminent banning is due to your behaviour over your entire stay here.
We have an accouser, a defendant, a judge, a jury of my peers..., all we need are lawyers and this could be a court room
So? Easily replaceable. Hell, the RP in question isn't even that active anymore.
Not from a lack of me trying.
You covering your ears and going "LA LA LA, I'M NOT LISTENING, I'M RIGHT!" is not a spirited debate.
I've really been trying to make an effort on not doing that.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hmm....I thought I was being very "Harmon Rabb" like, personally. :mrgreen:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

We have an accouser, a defendant, a judge, a jury of my peers..., all we need are lawyers and this could be a court room
Except we're missing one important fact: the legal system is not in place here.
Put simply, we have no reason to try you as if this were a court room. You've p*ssed Graham off to the point where he wants you gone. End of discussion. By this time tomorrow you could very well be permanently gone from this site. You have this short chance to give Graham a reason not to ban you. Yelling "it's not fair" is not going to do that.
I've really been trying to make an effort on not doing that
You could've fooled us.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mark wrote:How about restricting shim from participating in debates, while allowing him to continue "regular" posing, and role-playing?
Again, I ask......is my above suggestion a tolerable compromise??? I really don't want to see anyone get permanently banned. There's not that many of us to begin with.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sorry for the double post, but I'm rather tired so I'm heading off to bed for tonight. As such I think I should state that my verdict is as follows: ban.

Blackstar, in case you're not around when I wake up tomorrow, I'll take this chance to say goodbye. It's been.....interesting.

Mark:
In the end, it's down to Graham and Ian. Blackstar's had more than enough chances already. Hell, shi has a thread in the Mod Forum all to hirself that's ten pages long. This ban has been a long time coming.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It is with great regret that I have to inform you that 'Blackstar the Chakat' is no longer a member of this forum. Please let that be an end to this discussion, we have given more than ample space for him to defend himself and he only used it to alienate those who tried to help him and did the exact things he was being accused of in his attempt to save himself from the banning. This is a permanent ban and he will not be allowed back.
email, ergo spam