Starfleet personal

Voyager
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Starfleet personal

Post by Tsukiyumi »

stitch626 wrote:Tragic indead. One of my friends in college was (maybe is, lost touch with her) in an abusive relationship. I wish I had done something about it, but the guy was 180lbs of muscle (ouch for me). I tried to convinse her to seek help, but then the year ended and I haven't seen her since. :(
Not much to be done about it, really. Often, if you speak out about the problem, the woman will defend the abuser.

Of course, I have a few more options than you did. 195 lbs of muscle, training and anger, here. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah. I had (and still have) 130lbs of skin and bones, and a timid mindset.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

stitch626 wrote:Yeah. I had (and still have) 130lbs of skin and bones, and a timid mindset.
You'd be surprised what a good diet, workout/training regimen and getting pushed a bit too far too often will do. Besides, smaller frames have the advantage of speed. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

75kg of endurence and some muscle. Mostly I rely on out lasting the other guy.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I've got pretty much nothing in this department. I rely on not getting into fights in the first place.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Same here.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:I've got pretty much nothing in this department. I rely on not getting into fights in the first place.
So did I, until I went to school and started getting jumped for no reason at all by five or six people who didn't speak english on a near daily basis.

I always try to talk my way out of fights, but if I'm attacked, or I need to come to someone's defense (say someone was beating a woman to death outside your house), I'm thoroughly capable, and quite glad that I am. As I've stated in other threads, here in America, you can't count on the police to show up and help in anything resembling a timely manner. Hell if I'll sit back and watch someone die because it's "not my responsibility".

And, that includes intervention. Any woman-beater I come across had best run.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, as long as you use your powers only for good. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:Well, as long as you use your powers only for good. :P
Of course. :D
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I always tried to use force lightning... strangly that just got me beaten up even more...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:I always tried to use force lightning... strangly that just got me beaten up even more...
:lol:

That's a melon-scratcher, for sure.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

What you need to do is hurl lightning bolts like Zeus... or Emperor Palpatine 8)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Fight dirty, when you have to at all. "Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill."

And to the last topic in here - Battered Woman Syndrome can hardly be compared to a personal preference fro rebellious personalities.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

kostmayer wrote:Entirely possible - as Ships Counselor she must enough blackmail material on the rest of the crew to get away with anything.
I just love how in Voyager they realized what a stupid idea it was to have a ship councelor so they killed her right off the bat and never replaced her :P Nelix is like Guinan, he offers actually useful advice, and cooks food.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
stitch626 wrote:Tragic indead. One of my friends in college was (maybe is, lost touch with her) in an abusive relationship. I wish I had done something about it, but the guy was 180lbs of muscle (ouch for me). I tried to convinse her to seek help, but then the year ended and I haven't seen her since. :(
Not much to be done about it, really. Often, if you speak out about the problem, the woman will defend the abuser.

Of course, I have a few more options than you did. 195 lbs of muscle, training and anger, here. :wink:
I figure if you're able to give the woman an opening to get away from the bad guy and they don't take it or end up going back to him then they deserve him. Sorry if that's mean but if you tell the kid not to put the fork in the outlet and he puts the fork in the outlet he should have learned. If you instead tries a knife or the fork again then you should just let the kid fry himself silly.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-